???Do buicks & mustangs use the same???

gnjay

The Realist
I was wondering do our cars use the same injectors as the mustangs? In other words, would 42lb injectors from a mustang ( the floresent green tops ) just plug right in with no modifications?

Thanks

And believe it or not, there is a difference between chip programs with regards to the two styles of 42# injectors. When having a chip cut for this injector, make sure you specify whether they are Lucas 42.5#ers or Bosch Green top 42#ers. I have personally seen chip issues when it comes to these two injector. FWIW, all 86-92 GM and Ford injectors are the same style Bosch electrical plug and o-ring size. The only possibly wrench thrown into the works would be the 86 SVO which had small # low impedance injectors from the factory.
HTH

Patrick

I had 42#'s on my cobra when i had the blower. They were the green ones. I really dont see any of it mattering unless they're low or high impedance.

From what I saw and from what Joe Lubrant once told me, the Green top Bosch injectors flow a little bit leaner than the Lucas 42.5# disc injectors. Thus the slight revisions to the chip program.
Just my O2's worth.