Do all door dew weatherstripping strips leak?

fitz3820

I have fairly new dew strips on my doors (outside of door, felt stripping that touches the glass). I have the inner door panels off and a bit of water drips inside the door when a hose is spraying (like rain) on the car.

Is this normal, is this why they have the drain holes on the bottoms of the doors?

Thanks,

Mark

87 GN 11.9 @ 115

Yep, that's normal. No car, except James Bond's Lotus Esprit, can be water tight. Even on a new car, if you roll down the windows to sweep fog/condensation away, it's not like a perfect squeegie. There are always spots that are missed, indicating a less than perfect seal. :)

Their are water drain holes at the bottom of the doors, if you get it rust proofed make sure the drains don't get plugged. After washing your car take it for a drive, to help dry it out. Leave the doors and trunk open for awhile to help air it out. Blow air into the molding around the windows to clean out the window channels around the windshield and rear glass, and let it sit in the sun for a couple of hours after washing. All these things help keep your ride from rusting out.