Direct scan

Scanmaster if you don't have a laptop. You can find a reasonable priced used Directscan with laptop cheaper than you can buy a new Scanmaster. Best is Powerlogger. It has many more data logging functions than Directscan.

BTW, I have both directscan and powerlogger.....Powerlogger gets my vote.

Out of curiosity, how exactly does the Power Logger fit on the ECM?

I know it uses the same access port as the Direct Scan, but I've had issues with the DS cable. If it's on too far or not far enough I've seen it cause no starts. I think it even killed an ECM of mine.

So since the Power Logger is meant for the TR ECM and isn't using a generic cable are you able to just push it all the way onto the ECM port?

It uses a USB cable that plugs into the Power Logger which is attached to the ECM much like the DS is. I have had my PL well over a year with no problems at all, but I never had any issues with the DS either.

Out of curiosity, how exactly does the Power Logger fit on the ECM?

I know it uses the same access port as the Direct Scan, but I've had issues with the DS cable. If it's on too far or not far enough I've seen it cause no starts. I think it even killed an ECM of mine.

So since the Power Logger is meant for the TR ECM and isn't using a generic cable are you able to just push it all the way onto the ECM port?

yes you plug it all the way in to the ecm port