Digital Turbo

87GNat

Dont Let Em Grind Ya Down
Hey all,

My turbo light on my digital dash is not working. It is not the fuse. any ideas?:confused:

Check the sending unit on the right side fender. Its the round Hobbs switch with the vacuum hose and two terminals. Also check the hose for leaks.

Short the two terminals on the hobs switch. If the light comes on, the switch is bad or the line going to it is plugged or split open somewhere. If the light doesn't come on, you have an electrical problem, bad lamp, ect. :)

There are actually two lights that come on under boost.

They work as follows;

When the boost rises above 2.5 inches of mercury the first setpoint in the round hobbs type switch is reached, it shorts the wht/blk stripe wire to ground to light the first light, when 10 inches is reached the second switch inside shorts the light blue/yellow stripe wire to ground lighting the second light.

Take a wire going to a good ground and a Key ON test take the connector off the hobbs switch and short each terminal to ground via the wire.

Each light should light up when grounded.

If they do the switch may be bad or not grounded well to the body of the car via the bolts, there are adjustable contacts for each switch but it requires some sort of calibration air pressure into the switch to set the levels properly.

Electronics contact cleaner may help if you take the unit off the car to clean it up or test it.

I always wondered what boost setting the lights came on at, it always scares my passengers. They think my car is about to blow up or something.