Digital dash repairs or replace?

josephsockwell

Hello, I am new to the site. I have a friend in GA, Earl Brown, who has been a big help, but I am sure he is tired of answering ?'s. I have a 85 Turbo T and a 87 WE4. The 85 is about 90% to date, a few minor this and that's to do but the biggest issue to date is the gauge cluster. It is a digital unit and I would like to repair it or if it is not worth it, replace it. Will a dash from a non-turbo car work or do I need to get a turbo car dash. If there is a repair place out there that won't screw me, would someone please let me know. Thanks.

I think caspers eletronics repairs the digital dash . I think they also have a reprogram so it reads higher than 85 mph. I was thinking about having mine done when i get the interior back in my car . but that gnx style dash is mighty nice. but a little expensive.:frown: good luck

yep caspers does the repair it costs 300 to do it. he fixes any problems and puts a chip in it to read up to 199 mph. he is in mundelin il 847-247-0484

Oh yeah, what do they look like? My 87 WE4 has the same wheels as mybuick's but all four center's are missing. Any help with this would be appreciated.

well i got the last 4 from gm.. 97.00 ea:eek: and in the new product section in this site there is a person working with gbody parts to reproduce the center caps.