Difference in door window sweeps? Limited/non-limited?

neat

I've got an 87 Limited, that is a chrome delete car. I desperately need a set of outer window sweeps. The limited cars carry a different part number sweep than the standard cars, but now I am hearing rumors that the chrome delete option might call for yet another sweep.

What are the differences in the sweeps? Anyone know for sure?

I don't know what the differences are for certain, other than chrome or black out style. I did however just install the black ones on my car that fit perfect. They were GM parts, off eBay, advertised as 'GN' parts.
HTH
Jim

Did you have to take the window glass out to install them? It looks to me like they screw or rivet onto the door.

In a perfect world yes...in a real world no. They are held in by short philips screws. The ones in the center of the window are the most difficult. I found that with the upper door panel removed and a 'Z' shaped 'screwdriver' [you know, the $2 ones with a slot on one end and a philips on the other] you could just get in there to back them out...installing them was a little more frustrating. Now you have the lower panel off so you can sweep the bottom of the door with a magnet for all the screws you dropped while attempting to install them ;) It's doable, but be in a good mood when you start 'cause you aint gonna be in one by the time you get 'em done. ;) Jim

Thanks. The Buick I am working on has no sweeps, so I don't know how they install as I never took the old ones off. On the bright side, there aren't any old ones to remove, lol.

I'll check ebay for some.

Thanks! ;)