did someone hack TB.com? (the vendor banner isnt changing)

arista5

Sold, and Replaced
Staff member
anyone else notice? This is happening on 2 of my machines...

did somthing go wrong?

Okay, it's only changing when I refresh the page. So, no vendor is stuck on the page. :p

are the guys with the stuck ad seeing that ad all over? if so, you could have some spyware and its automatically replacing other ads with ads they want you to see. ive seen it before.

there are tools to fix it, the best free one is spybot:
http://spybot.safer-networking.de/

no its only in the forums, the main pages and other links like www.turbobuick.com/mail are ones that still have the changing banners, also the famed server to busy has the rotating banners

Why does eveyone assume the board got "hacked"? That's a little overboard. :)

Here's the scoop...

We recently switched ad delivery software because the one we were using sorta became defunct (we paid a lot of money for it a year or so ago, too...). At the time, it was one of the few ad delivery software packages that worked well with this message board software. The guy who wrote it decided to not update it, not support it, etc... That SOB. He's got our $135 or whatever and we get screwed. So anyway, we had to switch software. Not a problem, it was seamless and 99% of the people here wouldn't/didn't even notice.

So the other day we switched the ad delivery code on the site to the new software code for a few days to make sure all we cool. It was, so we killed all the banners in the OLD software that we were no longer using.

What happened was, when we changed the code for the board, we did it for the "enhanced" (which is the colorful default) style of the board to test it. However, we forgot to change the code on the "Basic" style of the board. (You can switch styles in your User CP).

Since there were no banners to deliver in the OLD code that was in the "Basic" style, it automatically defaulted to a charity banner. The only people who say the charity banner instead of the "real" banners were the people who use the "Basic" style, and it only happened for a day or two. I just fixed it and it is now just fine.

No need to get uptight, all is fine. :):)

BTW, I am gonna work on a new site design sometimes this year. I may be adding additional styles as well. Also, version 3.0 of the message board software is coming out soon, and has some cool new features. But you didn't hear that from me. :cool: