Did I do something wrong???

QWKSLVR_2

I am for life of me at a lost for words???

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=998988#post998988

What is the proper conduct to handle a TB.com Classified Ad??

Did I do the right thing??? Or should I have taken the very first offer that wasn't even close to what I wanted to get out of it?? $35 plus Shipping isn't the same as $35 Shipped??? I know its only $35, but the way he is trying to say, is that I'm cheating him in some way, and I have a few other things that I would like to get rid of. I hate to have a bad rep on here:confused:

Nobody would feel like you are a bad seller. Relax! Small potatoes! 1 out of 10,000+ members feels like he has been screwed, and he is wrong. Life goes on!

turbo2nr is right you can sell your items to who ever you want to, though he thought he did, he didnt meet your expected price. If you two agreed on a price and he sent payment and you recieved it and then decided to sell it to someone else you might be in the wrong, but not from what you did.

just tell him to go to customer service:D

Joshua

I buy and sell for a living now, thanks to eBay - come across problems all the time and here is my take:

You never agreed to any of his offers (which his best offer was lower than your asking price)... so, you had NO reason not to accept another offer that was higher.

Even if, at that point, he had agreed to your asking price - Once you had told him no, his "dibs" on being first is out the window... now you were free to entertain other offers.

First come, first served... yadda yadda, the other guy beat him to it, with a better offer, period.

Maybe the comments about holding his wang was a little streched but, to each thier own :D

Good luck,

Vic

I've bought and sold a few things online. I don't think you did anything wrong, you can ask whatever you want for what you are selling. You didn't commit to him at his asking price. Someone offered you a better deal and you took it. I don't see the problem being on your end.

That's the free market system.

Billy

Originally posted by QWKSLVR_2
I am for life of me at a lost for words???

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=998988#post998988

What is the proper conduct to handle a TB.com Classified Ad??

Did I do the right thing??? Or should I have taken the very first offer that wasn't even close to what I wanted to get out of it?? $35 plus Shipping isn't the same as $35 Shipped??? I know its only $35, but the way he is trying to say, is that I'm cheating him in some way, and I have a few other things that I would like to get rid of. I hate to have a bad rep on here:confused:

You didn't do anything wrong.
The one guy was offering a price you refused. Someone else showed willing to pay what you wanted. End of conversation.

You'll never be able to keep all the people happy all the time, just treat folks as you want to be treated, is the best you can do.

Don't sweat it. Just ask Mike McCoy, Bweavy and some of the other big dogs and they will tell you the same: You can't please everybody. Anybody who reads the first thread on this can see you did nothing out of line. BTW, what else do you have up for grabs??