DFI GEN 6 support for repairs

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
Just a reminder, anyone who has a gen 6 box in need of repair. I will do my best to repair it. Provided it is the batch box, i need more samples of sefi ecu's before i start on them. As far as i know dfi is no longer repairing the boxes.

If norbs can't fix them, let it be clearly known that ACCEL/DFI is still supporting the Gen 6 product. There is a minimum charge of $200 for each ECU which includes the first hour of labor and any repair parts needed. In most cases, that will cover the cost of the repair completely. Some of the older parts are becoming hard to come by, so not all units may be repairable.

In addition, it is possible that some more Gen 6 communications cables may be produced. This will be solely dependent on the demand for them, so if you or anyone you know needs one, let DFI know via their tech line (248) 380-2780.

i am glad the DFI is still offering support for a 20 year old product. I only have limited resources to fix them, so i am glad there is not a dead end to the old units. The gen 7 is so complicated, makes you want to go back to the Gen 6 for simpicity :wink:

Accel Gen 6 Repairs?

I am wondering if i can get my Gen 6 repaired by you guys, even though it is a 74024 config 015013? Its for a 454 BB chevy.I realize this is a Buick site, but i have been searching everywhere for help.If it can be done by anyone here, please let me know what i need to do, and where i need to send it.
Greatly appreciate it, thanks in advance, Bill, Lust4Bst

What is happening with it exactly? Dead iac? tps settings bad? coolant temperature out of range? fan control not working? INjector output? Based on you answer i will let you know ifi can fix it.

thanks norb

I dont really know what happened to it, but the truck wont even start anymore. It developed a short somehow behind the fusebox, and the dfi box ended up shorting out too. I opened it up and could smell the burnt wire that acts as a jumper wire, 1 of 2, which was soldered onto the solder side of the pc board, not the component side,had gotten pretty hot and melted into the board. I dont know if the damage is repairable or not, but i couldnt see any toasted resistors or anything obvious, but to answer your question, It simply will not start or run anymore.I have gotten it to almost start but when the rpm's reach the 300 mark,appx. where the ecu takes over, she dies.I was told that the white ign. pickup wire, c11, goes to the neg. side of the coil. I was also informed that if it is hooked up to the neg. side of the coil, and the est is also hooked up that it could damage the ecu?!? I cant find a home for the white c11 wire to hook up to, the ign. pickup with the 015013 config pinout.the truck is a 1991 gmc sierra, but has a 1998 454 BB in it, and has a pretty radical cam, headers, etc.the distributor has an external 4 wire coil plus the coil wire itself. Is there a way i can send the ecu to you and then let me know if it can be repaired? I dont know of anywhere in town to take it, or perhaps some tests i can do to it and give you the results? Anything will be appreciated greatly...THX. Bill

Attachments

• Truck-4.jpg
    Truck-4.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 209