DFI 6.0 with Low Impedance Injectors

xLusi0n

Anyone have any problems running the DFI 6.0 with 4 low impedance injectors (batch fire, not sequential)?

Norbs sorta answered my question...he said he's never seen one fail...I'm just curious as to why the manual would say that it can only be ran for short periods of time...any input apprecaited...thanks!

BTW, just FYI background...my power goals are ~400rwhp, its a 2.0L 4 cyl turbo...I'll be running 720ccs for street (and 850cc for race) as Norbs suggested...

Thanks.

How long do you intend to run at WOT? MAybe in marine racing or oval track you may run into problems, drag racing never..........

A DFI 6.0 has four injector drivers so you should be able to run the low impendence injectors without a problem. I ran 83 lb/hr injectors in my Buick with a DFI 6.0 and drove it everyday without a problem. You will have to spend some time tuning to get everything to run properly but it can be done.

My daily driver Buick street car, I'm running 72lb low impedance injectors with a Gen6 DFI for the last 8 to 10 years. No problems what so ever. I do have another issue with the Gen 6 DFI on stalling but it has to do with a "drifting" IAC referance.