Dex-Cool or Green Stuff for Aluminun Radiator?

Whatever you do, do not use dex cool in anything you drive. The stuff has a really nasty tendency to turn into sludge in anything other than perfect operating conditions. My 98 oldsmobile intrigue was packed full of what looked like peanut butter because of it.

This is a very common phenomenon too, do a search on google. Get the cheapest green stuff you can. Some of the newer green stuff that is dex compatible has the same nasty tendency as dex cool from what I have read. I do also recall reading that it attacks the brazing on copper radiators... not an issue in your case.

Ideally in a turbo buick that is not at risk for freezing conditions I would just run straight distilled water, water wetter, and an anti rust/lubricant additive. Otherwise in the event of an HG failure the coolant will have a nasty tendency to damage bearings.

I think the only benefit to dex-a-goo is the longer interval for system flushing when it is in a perfect system. From what I understand, any free air in your coolant system promotes the sludge formation.

Go With The Green!! Own My Own Shop For 13 Years See It Everyday Dex Cool -- Do Not Use It.

Good old fashioned Zerex or prestone is the way to go> To gove you an idea of how nasty the dex-cool is: when I worked for GM we were flushing and converting vehicles away from that to regular coolant.

Well if you realy look at it all the antifreeze,They all can be mixed together now a days. Prestone says on all there bottles that it can be mixed with both. The way i look at it is if you start green stay green. and remember to change it and flush out your coolant system if not even the green will crud up