Gray Brake Switches

hensleyt

Is there a way to get a RPM signal in the form of a square wave that is switching between 0V and 3.5-12 volts from the TR6 ?
I need this signal for my turbosmart boost controller to try to control the boost falloff above 4500 rpm.
I tried this several years ago with stock ignition with no luck.

Behind the alternator is a two-wire plug (white wires) that you can simply get the tach signal from.

Thank you , but my Turbosmart boost controller dose not work plugged in that location.
I don’t have a scope but don’t believe that is a square wave signal

I need this signal for my turbosmart boost controller to try to control the boost falloff above 4500 rpm.
I tried this several years ago with stock ignition with no luck.
[/QUOTE]

I have the TurboSmart Eboost street 30 .. instructions say try this:
3) Sensitivity (SN1/SN2): The sensitivity is how sensitive the E-Boost Street is to changes in the boost curve. Under normal circumstances the sensitivity is left at the factory set level of 20. If your boost curve is wavy through the rev range, reduce the sensitivity, if your boost curve drops off at the end of the rev range, increase the sensitivity

Thanks I’ve been reading as much as I can before the track reopens
I did get the tach signal to work the correction feature on my street 40

Yes I saw the Correction feature as an option also but since you didn't have the rpm signal I was throwing the sensitivity feature out there as well... Hope you get it going how much boost you trying to work with? make sure you have no leaks also