Detent plate

Jason, I have one around here somewhere. Sure it could be duplicated its nothing but a small plate, metal rod, and 2 screws and nuts. Even got the instruction sheet. Its was designed so 1st to 2nd shift is gated by holding depressing detent button while shifting, 2nd to 3rd simply push shifter forward, 3rd to 4th gated while depressing detent button and shifting. Too much to remember for me so I ground off tit that gated second gear so it could be slam straight from first to third and let transmission shift itself. I have not installed it yet. If your coming to the Buick Bash here in NC in March I'll bring it with me.:cool:

Michael

Hey Michael,

Jason and I were talking about this. If you could find this and post pictures of it. I would love to get my hands on one so I can get it to my buddy who has a Laser CNC stamping machine to stamp out a few.

Anything would help. Thanks man

Jason, I have one around here somewhere. Sure it could be duplicated its nothing but a small plate, metal rod, and 2 screws and nuts. Even got the instruction sheet. Its was designed so 1st to 2nd shift is gated by holding depressing detent button while shifting, 2nd to 3rd simply push shifter forward, 3rd to 4th gated while depressing detent button and shifting. Too much to remember for me so I ground off tit that gated second gear so it could be slam straight from first to third and let transmission shift itself. I have not installed it yet. If your coming to the Buick Bash here in NC in March I'll bring it with me.:cool:

Michael

Thanks a lot! I will be in NC but I have no tools or machines to duplicate it. If you can send it/bring it to NC and I can send it to Rob that would be awesome.

As with you, I would rather just have to push the shifter from 1-3 without using the button and using the button for the rest.

Thanks a lot,

Jason

I have one too...Jason and I talked about it some a month or so ago. I was going to try and make them but it would be very labor intensive to do by hand and may not be worth the trouble. I am going to talk to some of the guys in our machine shop and see if they can scan the plate to generate a EDM program. If so it should be easy to produce.

I'll take some pic's once my battery's charge :mad:

-Scott

I have one too...Jason and I talked about it some a month or so ago. I was going to try and make them but it would be very labor intensive to do by hand and may not be worth the trouble. I am going to talk to some of the guys in our machine shop and see if they can scan the plate to generate a EDM program. If so it should be easy to produce.

-Scott

Thanks Scott that would be very appreciated.

Jason and I would love to get one. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Thanks,
Rob Hinson

-Scott

Thanks Scott! Will you be in NC?

Jason

pic's...

Attachments

• DSC05118.JPG
    DSC05118.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 467
  • DSC05119.JPG
    DSC05119.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 465
  • DSC05120.JPG
    DSC05120.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 471
  • DSC05121.JPG
    DSC05121.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 456
Thanks for posting that. It looks to me like the B&M came with a stronger than stock J-rod for those of us that really SLAM it forward. Rob, can you make that? :)

Jason

Already here.:eek: I just live about 40 miles from Richard Clark and 30 from the track. If you need it sooner let me know. Keep in mind I have removed second tit on mine to go straight from 1st to 3rd.

Michael

Thanks for posting that. It looks to me like the B&M came with a stronger than stock J-rod for those of us that really SLAM it forward. Rob, can you make that? :)

Jason

I can make it. I just need the physical piece in hand to make a duplicate.

I can make it. I just need the physical piece in hand to make a duplicate.

Jicaju and Scott have one. I would rather mine function so I can go from 1-3 without the button then use the button from there on out. What would you like?

I'll pay shipping and a deposit for whoever wants to ship it to Rob.

Take your pick. :biggrin:

Jason

Rob Hinson
501 Pine Tree LN
Montgomery, AL 36109

Send it on and i'll see what I can come up with. I might have to get a minimum of 5 or so.

I know Jason and I will be in for one.

Jason what I might do is have them made to an exact copy of the B&M one and you can just take a dremel or grinder to grind the ear off to make it function to 1-3 Slap style.

Rob Hinson
501 Pine Tree LN
Montgomery, AL 36109

Send it on and i'll see what I can come up with. I might have to get a minimum of 5 or so.

I know Jason and I will be in for one.

Jason what I might do is have them made to an exact copy of the B&M one and you can just take a dremel or grinder to grind the ear off to make it function to 1-3 Slap style.

Sounds good to me.

I am sure we could sell the other three. If not I will hold on to them. Price will quadruple...you know, low supply high demand. :rolleyes:

I have been EXTREMELY busy the past few days. Hopefully will have time tomorrow to check on getting them made. Also need to call Jicaju.

Sorry this is taking a while.

Jason make a list on here who wants them and I will post a price once I find out about making them.

I have talked with Michael and have the shipping squared away. Make the rest happen and let me know. :)

The list is pending on price...Let me know the price and we can figure it out. If all else fails I can buy a few and sell them later if the price is decent.

Hit me up tomorrow.

Jason