Derale oil cooler temp switch

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
I have the nice derale 40k btu remote oil cooler mounted in the front of the car. It's open to nice air flow as well as it has it's own fan. I recently installed a VDO transmission sender in the side of my hughes pan, and started looking at temps. I run a higher stall (3000) and notice my temps on the gauge is 200+ in town driving. I should see the fan kick on the trans cooler (180*), but it isnt.

Now the explanation is simple, it cools and pan temps will of course be more than coming out of the cooler. Would the simple solution be to run switched power to the fans and run them all the time? I am looking for a lower degree switch from Derale now, but they dont appear to have one.

I have the nice derale 40k btu remote oil cooler mounted in the front of the car. It's open to nice air flow as well as it has it's own fan. I recently installed a VDO transmission sender in the side of my hughes pan, and started looking at temps. I run a higher stall (3000) and notice my temps on the gauge is 200+ in town driving. I should see the fan kick on the trans cooler (180*), but it isnt.

Now the explanation is simple, it cools and pan temps will of course be more than coming out of the cooler. Would the simple solution be to run switched power to the fans and run them all the time? I am looking for a lower degree switch from Derale now, but they dont appear to have one.
For the amount of money we have spent on these coolers i would expect nothing less then every part to work. If the switch isn't working you should be able to get a replacement.

Now the explanation is simple, it cools and pan temps will of course be more than coming out of the coole

Put the sensor on the inlet side of the cooler. Fragola has a -6 fitting w/ make/female ends, and a 1/8" NPT port on the side.

Put the sensor on the inlet side of the cooler. Fragola has a -6 fitting w/ make/female ends, and a 1/8" NPT port on the side.

Thought about that, I am also going to get a new sending unit, as expensive as they are, I may have ordered an incorrect one as well. Only 10$... worth a shot. I had lonnie drive it today and he claimed the trans did not feel as hot as it was showing.

But to bring up a question for you. Which is more important temp, knowing the temps from the inlet to the cooler, or pan temps?

Are you running a trans cooler in your radiator plus the remote one? Maybe that knocks down temps a little and the switch isnt getting hot enough to turn on? I would get it up to operating temp and use an infrared temp gun to confirm how hot the pan, inlet and outlet on the cooler are getting.

I have been tbrough this. Everyone I talked to Lonnie derale PTC etc all said it's about pan temp. I have my temp routed on the inlet. In winter I want to add a trans one to see differences. Are you running a nlu? Spragless? That will definitely contribute to heat. Also very important make sure the fans are coming on. I had someone install it and I was seeing crazy temps swore up and down fan was coming on. Wasn't. It would come on w ign but not during run. So I ran it hot w a switch inside car. I actually turn it on once it's running. I also still had to go through radiator then cooler to get temps manageable. Going through stock cooler first really helped

Also I'll double check today but I may have temp guage on return side. Obviously anything precooler will be much hotter.