Dell Insporon 3720 laptop help...please.

texasmr2

So last week I could not go online so I called our service provider and two tech's and two days later I am good (a line/connection took a shit) but my Dell 3720 also for no obvious reason took a nose dive off the high board in the shallow end for reasons unknown and I did not fawk with anything. Have been told the hard drive magically went on vacation. I have a few reboot disc but have not had any success.

I am a 'puter dummy and I think/hope there is a more easier path I am unaware of so I do not have to whore myself to earn the $200+ for a new hard drive and installation disc system.

Thoughts.

If the disk is dead then there isn't much you can do but replace it. Hard disks are generally replaceable and not serviceable. That doesn't mean they cannot be fixed but usually not worth it and very expensive. Get a new disk and re-install...

If the disk is removable from the side or back of the laptop, get the model and hit up ebay. Disks are pretty cheap these days.

Have been told the hard drive magically went on vacation. I have a few reboot disc but have not had any success.

I am a 'puter dummy and I think/hope there is a more easier path I am unaware of so I do not have to whore myself to earn the $200+ for a new hard drive and installation disc system.

Respectfully, there is not really enough info to help you with this. It is the equivalent of "My car won't start, what is wrong with it?" kind of question.
-Who told you the hard drive is bad?
-What is it doing... there are no details. Black screen? Error messages?
Also, it might be better to post this in a Dell Forum, not a car forum?

Your best bet would be to take it to local mom and pop computer store to give you a real diagnosis. It may be as simple as a boot error or driver problem.

Good luck.