deleting AC and power steering from motor, what do I need?

monte87LS

Im putting my 87 T-Type Turbo 6 motor in my 87 MonteCarlo...now I am running manual steering, manual brakes, and no AC/heat box...the only stuff I'l be running is waterpump, and altenator, no pollution crap, only what I need!, is there a delete kit for this or do i just delete them and buy a smaller belt?

$200 :eek: ....thanks for the info, its nice but very pricey, is there a cheaper way to do this?...anybody selling a used one?... :)

Haha, for a turbo Buick 200$ seems like change!!! I know there is a/c delete brackets available, im not certain of the PS though!

All you need is an AC delete pulley and a shorter belt. You can take the PS pump and remove the vanes, add a little oil to keep the bearings happy and plug the inlet and outlet ports. It will act as an idler pulley.

Here is a picture of my setup without a P/S pump but using a Meizzier water pump.

I know I have an extra AC delete pulley and I may have a pump ready to go with the "idler mods". Let me know if you are interested.

Dave

Attachments

• IM001633.jpg
    IM001633.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 242
TurboDave I am interested, PM me a price, Im still going to search around for a couple more days before I start buying everything, just so I find exactly what I like, or close to it ya know, these TurboBuicks are alot different than a 350ci setup, I have alot ahead of me :cool:

I've seen the Dorman AC delete pullys for like $50. I purchased an AC delete pully from a member here $40 it's from Gbodyparts.

I'd really like a kit that deletes all the brakets too, something I can just bolt the alt too and adjust the alt up and down to tighten the belt, this way theres no need for the tentioner pulley ya know, anything like that around

I run an alternator and V-belt pullys from a hot-air motor. The alternator bracket is made by Moroso for a small block Chevy, Summit part # MOR-63842. It took some modifications to work, but nothing difficult.

just use some speaker wire around your pulleys, and minus 1/2 inch off the length..