Delco Theftlock Codes??????

TXS 86 T-TYPE

Learning more & more
Okay, got my patch cord in from gmpartsdirect.com. The Delco "Theftlock" CD player hooked right up and came on. The problem is I need to clear the theft code and do not know how. Can anyone help????? I haven't mounted it in the dash yet so I can read the #'s on it. The red light is blinking and when you turn on the car the unit displays loc. Any advice????

Thanks,
Kelly

It came from E-bay and the guy never hooked it up so he didn't know. It was purchased at a flea market---he showed me the receipt............So I need to know how to find the code

I believe your situation is without hope. Once power is removed from a TheftLock enabled head unit, you will need the code to unlock it. Maybe you will get a private reply on how to defeat this theft deterrent.

That's the whole point of the post...............does anyone know where I could get the code? I know the ####'s on the unit. Can't it be looked up with those?

That's what I was afraid of..................guess my 25.00 deal wasn't so great.......Thanks. Hope to get up to W.F. with my T-Type one day................Spent waaaaaaaaaaaay too much time up there at Sheppard AFB.

Looking forward to you coming up here some day. You may want to have your receipt with you just in case they question you about the head unit. I think it would be worth the fee to get it unlocked so you dont lose your investment. If you install the lock code back into it, make sure that you write it down for future reference.

Hey, how about I bring my car to W.F. watch the Boys and you do the install on a decent system.............nothing major, just a quality set-up.

If you send me the serial and model codes off the head unit I can get them for you I work at a pontiac / buick / GMC dealer.

TXS-86,
I am a one man operation and I work out of my home so I have no overhead :D . What kind of install were you wanting done in your car? I usually take a few days to a week for a basic installation of head unit, amps, drivers, and subwoofer cabinet. I have to work around my work schedule and family so it takes a little longer than usual plus I work overtime for my playthings.

My wish list

I would like to build a box for a couple(or 4) drivers, plus replace all my stock speakers and add a CD changer w/head unit. I would like for the amp to be mounted on or in the box so that I could unplug it and remove it quickly.

That will take me apx 2 full days if I build a cabinet with 4 drivers and complete the rest of the install. what you want is a good combo and I can install disconnects so you can remove box w/ amp and changer.

Hey, there is a posting on impalaclub.com on how to get your radios codes. All Gm's share the same coding system check it out on there, and you should be able to get help. I have a one with a damaged face here, if you can't get it unlocked, I'll buy yours for the $25 you paid, and switch faces. At least you woin't lose money that way?