Delco P/N for 96 Impala SS alternator

GinoRin

I have done a bunch of research and it looks like the 96 Impala SS alternator is the way to go over the stocker. I dont want a crappy reman that will be junk in a year, so I'd rather just buy a new complete delco unit or a genuine delco reman. I have the RJC racing pulley and fan to replace the smaller LT1 pulley so I'm not too worried about the pulley size, as long as it doesn't affect performance. I read something about clocking the alternator? What's involved with that, just flipping the case around, or moving the brushes/wires inside the alternator? Either way, i want to get something new and nice on my car, so if someone has a part number for a new, reman or both (delco only please) I would appreciate it!

Thanks

I know you asked for Delco only but... Here's some info that might help anyway. I just did mie a while ago with zero problems and most likely cheaper than Delco... just my two cents...

"Anyway, here's the pertinent info for anyone who's looking to do this upgrade and needs part numbers:

I used Napa (they were the cheapest)

Alternator- Reman unit - Part#66173 the other one I had tried to use (twice) was Part#8112-5 (Unit was for 95/96 Impala SS 140 Amp) $136.99 + $87.00 core LIFETIME WARRANTY!! -Napa-

New Belt- 13/16" x 63-5/8" Part# 060630 $24.09 -Napa-

New 2 gauge wire from battery to starter and for ground $3.00 per foot (6 ft)
New 4 gauge wire from battery to alt (can't remember price or length) cheap
-Napa-

Sidepost battery adapters (to be able to use top mount post ends) $1.99 each -Ace Hardware-

Platinum Battery terminals (0,4, 8 gauge) (both + & -) $18.49 shipped -ebay-

Battery cut-off switch $2.99 -Harbor Freight- (very convenient!!!)

Miscellaneous copper ends and heat shrink $5.00 or so -Ace Hardware-"