deal or no deal?

iamjeff

next gen buick enthusiast
im looking for a daily driver, and thought i might see what the experts think.
i know this isnt really tech related, but i thought this would be a good forum to post it in. here is the link:

1998 Buick Regal GS

-Jeff

Around here they average twice that price for a '98, if you can do the body work, it sounds good to me.
Some updates:
For 1997, the Buick automatic received new electronic controls that modulated the energy during shifts for gear transitions that were smoother still.

Also in recent years, Buick automatics have featured adaptive shift quality. Shift timing is carefully monitored, and line pressure is adapted to maintain optimal shift feel. This automatic adjustment compensates for changes in the operating condition of the transmission which naturally occur over time. The result of this feature is a consistent shift performance which meets the high expectations of the Buick owner.

An input speed sensor in the transmission monitors its internal speed precisely, enabling full use of the pressure profile and torque control.

An electronically controlled capacity clutch (EC3) has replaced the torque converter's conventional mechanical engagement with one that continuously varies clutch capacity. That results in improved durability and fuel economy. The electronic line pressure control reduces pumping losses, which further contributes to improved fuel economy, and produces smoother, quicker shifts.

The engines of new Buicks also feature a dual-phase chain system, employing two half-width chains that are phased 180-degrees apart. Since both chains are directly opposite to each other in orientation, they cancel out the noise each one generates. Thanks in part to this system, noise reductions of several decibels has been achieved.

In several Buicks, as since the late-90s, a die-cast magnesium crossbar beam serves as the main instrument panel-structure and mounting support. Steering columns used in conjunction with the magnesium beam benefit from increased stiffness. Perceived vibrations are virtually eliminated from the steering-wheel over rough roads.
It has the bigger M90 Eaton supercharger, capable of low 14 second passes, and I'm looking for one like that for a play toy/daily here too. The P/Ave Ultra I have still manages mid 15 second passes @87mph, but it's way heavier.
Good Luck!:cool: