DEADHORSE Wack, whack...Xylene???

bryguy

BACK IN BLACK !!!
Seriously I want to know with my sig combo & not messing with boost or timming if Race gas or Xylene is the way to go. If Xylene What parts per gas and what does it do to the engine....??? I mean has anyone consistantly run Xylene mix for a long period of time & what are the results. Thanks
Bryan:eek: I just want to stress that I don't want to mess with timming or boost.

I guess I'm missing the point. I finally got my beast tuned right & wanted to know if I could get a tick more performance with gas. I am running 18 PSI w/ my chip combo & don't want to mess w/ too much. I guess what I am reading is that U have to mess with your boost & timming every time you put Xylene mix or race gas in your tank???:confused:

If you aren't knocking now you won't get any more performance with more octane, none that you will notice anyway.

You have to turn up the boost or timing to make power so either do it with good gas or xylene mix. Then put it back down for pump gas.

Or much easier, get an alky. kit and set the car up to take the higher timing and boost all the time. Only need one tune that way. :)

dconner works in petro-chemical industry and has used xylene for long periods of time with no ill effects. Check old post.
If you can run 18psi on pump gas with no knock, I do not see the benefits of xylene. Now if you can run 23-25psi with xylene with no knock then you will feel the benefits.
I have been told that a ta49 @ 18psi is not any different that a stock turbo. You have to get the turbo to the 23-25 range to feel the difference.

Re: reply

Originally posted by bryguy
I guess I'm missing the point. I finally got my beast tuned right & wanted to know if I could get a tick more performance with gas. I am running 18 PSI w/ my chip combo & don't want to mess w/ too much. I guess what I am reading is that U have to mess with your boost & timming every time you put Xylene mix or race gas in your tank???:confused:

What I was trying to say bud is the same thing the others guy said above me. If you're running 18psi with pump gas and not getting kock, you won't see a gain with more octane. The car won't be able to take advantage of the octane boost without more advanced timing or higher boost.

It'd be kinda like running race gas with a street chip. All you do there is waste your money on the race gas.

Ta49 is good for more boost. Crank up the boost one notch at a time with some RG or Xylene mix and you'll feel it.