Dead Stage 2

I would be interested in seeing whether one of the pumps failed on the double pumper set up?

I would be interested in seeing whether one of the pumps failed on the double pumper set up?

Something happened to the engine at the Huntington dyno day event. The dyno broke when Ralph's car was doing the first pull and the engine overheated. The tech. was also holding the rpms up for quite a long time before the pull.
Jeff

Something happened to the engine at the Huntington dyno day event. The dyno broke when Ralph's car was doing the first pull and the engine overheated. The tech. was also holding the rpms up for quite a long time before the pull.
Jeff

So, no datalog? :confused:

Coolant in the exhaust will poison the wideband 02. This would explain why the injector DC would look normal and the car went lean. If it had been a fuel delivery problem from the tank the injector DC would be maxed out.

Neal

Coolant in the exhaust will poison the wideband 02. This would explain why the injector DC would look normal and the car went lean. If it had been a fuel delivery problem from the tank the injector DC would be maxed out.

Neal
He was still getting feedback from the WB; it was adding 20% fuel (if you do an average for the entire run it was in the range of 13%). BTW Ralph just added a 16 volt battery and alternator and the voltage through the run was 15.9 so the electrical system including the injectors should have been at optimum. The injectors are also new; Precision 83 lb.
Jeff

That explains why the started bailed out. 16Vs to the starter and a hydro-locked cylinder. Probably one of the only drawbacks of having a 16V system. When I read that the starter kicked off, the first thing through my mind was, he must be running 16V. I've hydro-locked my engine a few times in the past and luckily no damage. I think I'll stick with 12Vs.

I think right before the fireworks, when ralph when out for the second run I mentioned to pete his started sounded funny and even pointed it out to ralph, on the second run he blew out the hose that gives the signal to the MAP sensor and that is what may have finished the job on a headgasket that was already on its way out, he broke the starter housing from trying to re-start the car with a 16V system and water in the cylinders.

PS: I also mentioned to pete that the car would be done that day, his response was. (YOU THINK), and i said "YEP".. Ralph sure knows how to break em, Just like me. :biggrin:

Neal,
I only data logged the first run and the head gasket problem occurred on the third run, so coolant could have affected the WB but I also would not rule out fuel delivery.

Jeff

So if you knew the engine was gonna take a crap why didn't you stop him from running proffesor know it all.....I can't quate on my phone so this message goes for the rooster

So if you knew the engine was gonna take a crap why didn't you stop him from running proffesor know it all..

the saying goes:

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink it, same principle applies to ralph, I would have wasted my breath trying to stop him, so why even try. :), now can i hear a:

SHUT UP STUPID....

Harold,
As statek above there was only about one qt. of coolant in the oil if that. I think this hg, was gone before he even got to the track. The motor wasn't right after the dyno day event. So I've been told.

wow,,,, lot's of info thanks guys i am sure learning alot
thanks to the buick community.
can't wait till its back on the road.

PIZZA CRUZZ???

wow,,,, lot's of info thanks guys i am sure learning alot
thanks to the buick community.
can't wait till its back on the road.

PIZZA CRUZZ???

CRUISE!:biggrin:

racing aint cheap!!!unless your beto

dont feel bad **** happens. i broke something in my trans on my second pass.my first pass was a simple data log didnt even go full throttle:confused:

When Ralphy? :)

I have Kenny lined up to order the pistons and do the machining (block and rods) and he should have the block by the end of next week. It will take 6 weeks to get the pistons from CP. We also have to figure out if the Champion heads are useable. I would bet that Ralph will be in the nines by June if the tranny holds up to 700 rwhp.
Jeff

I have Kenny lined up to order the pistons and do the machining (block and rods) and he should have the block by the end of next week. It will take 6 weeks to get the pistons from CP. We also have to figure out if the Champion heads are useable. I would bet that Ralph will be in the nines by June if the tranny holds up to 700 rwhp.
Jeff

wow wow :eek: 700rwhp:eek:
9's by june :eek:
ok JEFF lets do it:smile:

were is meanchicken????:wink: