David Spade still has a GN

WakkoSS

I met David Spade today (among quite a few others) and the only thing I asked him is if he still had the GN. He smiled and said "Yep, still got it." I told him that the TR community thought it was cool when we saw the video and he immediately knew it was the TMZ video. Other than that, it was pretty danged uninteresting, but I thought I'd share anyway. :)

He was tolerating my existance as it was, I decided not to bother continuing the conversation. Weird fellow, he kept stretching, which wasn't attractive in sweatpants and a shorter tshirt with a potbelly.

You shoulda asked what mods he has done!!

He's probably give it a "Joe Dirte" make over....complete with a chain steering wheel, a set of Cragar mags, a barefoot gas pedal, curb feelers, primer paint and even an underdash 8 track complete with Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Second Helping". :cool:

j/k

He's definitely not as funny as he was with Farley. He may not admit it, but Farley's death was a huge blow to his own career.

I doubt he'd Dirt it up, though if you find the website about the Joe Dirt car, you can see what a hidden gem it actually is.

He's definitely not as funny as he was with Farley. He may not admit it, but Farley's death was a huge blow to his own career.

I doubt he'd Dirt it up, though if you find the website about the Joe Dirt car, you can see what a hidden gem it actually is.
A 1969 Dodge Daytona (clone - 503 real cars built IIRC). Awesome car. I still kick myself in the ass daily for not buying a '70 Superbird when I had the chance many years ago. All original, un-restored Petty Blue 440 six pack car for $3500 and it was in GREAT condition. :mad: Stupid, stupid, stupid....

A 1969 Dodge Daytona (clone - 503 real cars built IIRC). Awesome car. I still kick myself in the ass daily for not buying a '70 Superbird when I had the chance many years ago. All original, un-restored Petty Blue 440 six pack car for $3500 and it was in GREAT condition. :mad: Stupid, stupid, stupid....

My brother bought a 440/6 barrel automatic '70 Superbird about 10 years ago. An unrestored original with 24K miles, originally Lime Lite/sublime green (the original owner repainted it yellow and removed the vinyl top and painted the roof white!). EVERYTHING else was original- air filter, belts, hoses, plug wires, perfect interior.....

He sold it a couple years ago to get some cash for his business venture. The car has been restored, but fortunately the new owner didn't go overboard and kept most of the original, usable stuff on the car.

Here are a couple of pics of it before we loaded it on the trailer- That's me in the drivers seat!

John

Attachments

• me in the superbird.jpg
    me in the superbird.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 281
  • meandbird2.jpg
    meandbird2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 277
My brother bought a 440/6 barrel automatic '70 Superbird about 10 years ago. An unrestored original with 24K miles, originally Lime Lite/sublime green (the original owner repainted it yellow and removed the vinyl top and painted the roof white!). EVERYTHING else was original- air filter, belts, hoses, plug wires, perfect interior.....

He sold it a couple years ago to get some cash for his business venture. The car has been restored, but fortunately the new owner didn't go overboard and kept most of the original, usable stuff on the car.

Here are a couple of pics of it before we loaded it on the trailer- That's me in the drivers seat!

John

^Bad AZZ!!!!!!!!!!

Local Taco Bell store owner, owned a sublime '70 HEMI bird. (high school days - original owner)

He brought it out once in a great while. He was cleaning it up @ a local car wash as my buddy was vacuuming out his '66 SS 396 Chevelle. The Mopar had a dead batt and asked for a jump.

The Elephant looked huge compared to the Rat motor. Awesome times!

Also have an old man that resides about 35 min south of town that set a few records @ Bonneville back in the day in a winged bird. Car was still in a garage several years ago.

Yeee Haaaaw!

I haven't seen the website on that car but unless someone did a LOT of work to the back window area, and found a nose and wing (cha-ching$$$$$), it is probably a real 69 daytona.

Since we're already off topic, the dealer I work at had a brand new '70 superbird on the showroom floor until 1990. Just a 440/4 barrel/auto on the column car, but was immaculate and original down to the tires and the accidental thumbprint in the wing from some guy at the factory. All the stories about how dealers couldn't give the ugly damn things away when they were new, they were true.

John
That's bad ass! Man, I want a winged car baaaaad!

^Bad AZZ!!!!!!!!!!

Local Taco Bell store owner, owned a sublime '70 HEMI bird. (high school days - original owner)

He brought it out once in a great while. He was cleaning it up @ a local car wash as my buddy was vacuuming out his '66 SS 396 Chevelle. The Mopar had a dead batt and asked for a jump.

The Elephant looked huge compared to the Rat motor. Awesome times!

Also have an old man that resides about 35 min south of town that set a few records @ Bonneville back in the day in a winged bird. Car was still in a garage several years ago.

Yeee Haaaaw!
Very cool!

I haven't seen the website on that car but unless someone did a LOT of work to the back window area, and found a nose and wing (cha-ching$$$$$), it is probably a real 69 daytona.

Since we're already off topic, the dealer I work at had a brand new '70 superbird on the showroom floor until 1990. Just a 440/4 barrel/auto on the column car, but was immaculate and original down to the tires and the accidental thumbprint in the wing from some guy at the factory. All the stories about how dealers couldn't give the ugly damn things away when they were new, they were true.
The wing and nose can be had aftermarket (fiberglass pieces). Also, there is a back glass that works perfectly. A buddy of mine is a huge MOPAR guy and know every part needed to make a Dayton clone. Apparently it's not all that hard to do now.

Everything I have seen on the Joe Dirt Daytona says it's a clone. But who knows... Galen Govier could number crunch the VIN and tell ya for sure.