Dave Bowman's wicked turbo Camaro runs 7.84 @179mph at the SCSN in Vegas!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
http://www.blackholehunter.com/SCSN_Video/bowman7.84.wmv
Right Click, Save As

This is a stock suspension car on the M/T 275/60/15 Drag Radials!:eek:

Here is a nasty Mustang that I "believe" also runs in the Wild Street class which is limited to the stock suspension and 275 Radials~

http://www.blackholehunter.com/SCSN_Video/short7.63.wmv
Right Click, Save As

More videos from this awesome event can be seen on YellowBullet.com in the thread that "blackholehunter" started~

Video from the SCSN at Vegas - Yellow Bullet Forums

Thanks to him for putting these up:cool:

Just found out Short's mustang was running Extreme Street on a larger tire, still impressive though.

Would a 325/50/15 be in a different class than the one listed at the top? There are so many difference "classes" of Wild Street and Drag Radial racing I have no clue what makes for a different arena. The reason I asked this is I recently read about David Wolfe driving an 89 Mustang to 7.40 @ ... I think 197mph on 325's. Something of importance though... I don't know what suspension it had under it. I do know I've seen "stock suspension" cars run into the 7's before, but they're not really stock. They just resemble it.

Any way you look at it, 7's is real quick and it's even more impressive when we see this much traction on street legal tires with anything remotely like stock suspension. Kinda puts real meaning to "You've come a long way, BABY!"

Would a 325/50/15 be in a different class than the one listed at the top? There are so many difference "classes" of Wild Street and Drag Radial racing I have no clue what makes for a different arena. The reason I asked this is I recently read about David Wolfe driving an 89 Mustang to 7.40 @ ... I think 197mph on 325's. Something of importance though... I don't know what suspension it had under it. I do know I've seen "stock suspension" cars run into the 7's before, but they're not really stock. They just resemble it.

Any way you look at it, 7's is real quick and it's even more impressive when we see this much traction on street legal tires with anything remotely like stock suspension. Kinda puts real meaning to "You've come a long way, BABY!"

Yes the 325/50/15 would be in a different class because the PSCA Wild Street class that they run at this event limits the cars to the 275/60/15 as the largest tire. Pretty similar to the ORSCA EZ street class that board member Dusty Bradford runs in where the largest tire allowed is the 295/65/15. Some of the of the other Outlaw type class or events such as the WSN in Orlando and Radial race in Memphis will allow the 325/50/15 and the monster 315/60/15s. Wolfe's car that ran 7.40's is a bit controversial for stock suspension because he was using his TDC device which is essentially a torque arm which the Mustangs never came from the factory with, unlike the 3rd and 4th gen Camaros that had a torque arm and we can't forget the GNX:wink: He has since built a new car that is 25.2 spec that he had at Orlando, but I'm not sure if he is still using the TDC?? Really stock suspension is a more of a phrase IMO that infers you have pieces that mount in the stock location, but it's obviously hard to define as these guys to start push the limits! Nobody had an anti-roll bar and coil overs from the factory so I personally think it's better to call them stock "style" suspension or stock "type" so as not to confuse people.

I agree with you on that stock suspension comments. I've felt that way for yrs now as I see more and more modifications done to what used to be stock.

Good info, thanks. I can't really keep up with the rules, particularly since I don't race. It would be nice to have one of those badass fast cars, but the money needed just makes me go "WHOA!" and move along... slowly. :smile:

I agree with you on that stock suspension comments. I've felt that way for yrs now as I see more and more modifications done to what used to be stock.

Good info, thanks. I can't really keep up with the rules, particularly since I don't race. It would be nice to have one of those badass fast cars, but the money needed just makes me go "WHOA!" and move along... slowly. :smile:

The money into some of these stock style suspension/Drag Radial cars is pretty nuts. Lately, I hear the term "baby Outlaw 10.5" thrown around at our local track down here refering to some of the stock suspension cars considering they almost have the same amount of money into them and almost make similar power as some of the Outlaw 10.5 rides. They are very fun to watch nonetheless and are certainly the closest thing to a real street car:cool:

I haven't been to a track in quite some time and I kinda miss it, but times clash and I'm not real close to one anyway. I'm well over an hour from G-ville and over 4 from Bradenton and about that from Moroso. I used to go to all those tracks each yr. Things change, of course.

There were crazy cars when I did go and I remember at least one Mustang running low 8's on "stock suspension" in 2001. It was on ET Streets and quite impressive to see nearly 170mph in any such form. As you said, they're fun to watch.

It is really crazy when you think not long ago a low 8 sec stock suspension car was almost unheard of and now it's practically the norm. At Orlando WSN this year the bump in Radial tire was 8.34!:eek:

I haven't been to a track in quite some time and I kinda miss it, but times clash and I'm not real close to one anyway. I'm well over an hour from G-ville and over 4 from Bradenton and about that from Moroso. I used to go to all those tracks each yr. Things change, of course.

There were crazy cars when I did go and I remember at least one Mustang running low 8's on "stock suspension" in 2001. It was on ET Streets and quite impressive to see nearly 170mph in any such form. As you said, they're fun to watch.
life is too short my friend, take a littel time to do what you enjoy!

life is too short my friend, take a littel time to do what you enjoy!
I was telling someone today, I just spoke to my dad about doing exactly that... I wanna take some time to go to the races. But I'm never making enough money!!!