Dashboard noise!

FlintBuick4Life

CHINAmerica...
I drove the Regal up-north last weekend and something was rattling in the dash the whole 100+ miles up! so when I got there, I lifted up the plastic on top of the dash and pulled out a sheet of aluminum... that didn't stop it, another 100+ miles back of this noise:mad: I get back and looked around again, found a piece of alum. that broke off the other piece when I pulled it out. I thought I had solved it... hell no:mad:

The next day I went to Detroit to visit some family(Detroit is a fun place to be in a G-body car:rolleyes:) 60+ miles up and another 60+ back, still having this damn noise:mad:

It just started this last week... any ideas? I think I will look at the glove box again, I put it back in just before the trip... I checked it once and the noise didn't seem to be coming from it, but it started after installing it. I figured someone has torn a dash apart before and would know what makes it tick(or rattle):biggrin:

Did you try lubing the rubber bump-stop under the hood. It rubs against the bottom rear of the hood and makes all kinds of racket. Put a little grease on it and see if that solves your problem.

Did you try lubing the rubber bump-stop under the hood. It rubs against the bottom rear of the hood and makes all kinds of racket. Put a little grease on it and see if that solves your problem.

No, I haven't. I will try that out, but I know its coming from inside the car. That might solve some of the other annoying noises tho... like the rubber washers on the upper control arms, I lubed them up and that noise stopped... It sounded like a squeaky bed post.