Dash wireing Problem

fast eddie

When i turn the head lights on all the dash lighting and tach go out,head lights ,tail lights and dome light and int lighting all work. my pod gages and center console lights dont work either. need help thanks in advance:confused:
Ed

if dimmer switch is plugged up( and make sure its not turned down),then its bad.

I had to post this so ya'll could laugh...I know I did. THIS IS WHY EVERYONE SHOULD SEARCH STUFF...I checked all kinds of wiring connections to see why my dash lights wouldn't come on. I was convinced the switch went bad. NOPE...the dimmer was turned down. 30 minutes of checking crap. Gotta laugh or we'd all go insane!!!!!!!!!!!

twenty years of electrical work and the one thing ive learned is to check all the stupid stuff first:biggrin:

ya its probley the dimmer switch. i need to get a new one but cant find one.

at the back of the switch check the grey wire for voltage with switch on /dimmer rolled all the way off.if voltage it there,ck ,recheck all the fuses in the box.

im looking for a new in the box one. thanks for the offer but mine works but not that well. im trying to get new everything for my car.