dash trim repair

jim0207

INVNO1
dash trim 095.jpg JB weld in two locations after a paper clip was heated into placedash trim 091.jpg JB weld on the top side and sanded. Thanks to Gunmetal87 for the heads up on the How To. Working on my car to make her happy is my pleasure. I swell with pride when I can make repairs to her. A major labor of love. 27 and counting. Thank you Gunmetal87

Attachments

• dash trim 097.jpg
    dash trim 097.jpg
    535.6 KB · Views: 354
Whops

Attachments

• dash trim 095.jpg
    dash trim 095.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 273
  • dash trim 087.jpg
    dash trim 087.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 280
Ur welcome Jim0207. Glad it work.
Next on my to do list is: try to fix warp instrument dash panel and wrinkled chrome strip on dash.
If they come out good, I'll try to post these two on the How To's.

JB weld does wonders...I once used it to seal a gas tank pin hole that started leaking miles from home!

Ur welcome Jim0207. Glad it work.
Next on my to do list is: try to fix warp instrument dash panel and wrinkled chrome strip on dash.
If they come out good, I'll try to post these two on the How To's.
Any luck fixing the wrinkled chrome strip in the dash?

Any luck fixing the wrinkled chrome strip in the dash?
was going to start it soon. Just got my driver seat bottom redone. Cleaning up seats.

Hopefully it will work. To get the wrinkles out I was going to use heatgun then a smooth rounded hobby tool to flatten wrinkles. If it works I'll post pics

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

JB weld does wonders...I once used it to seal a gas tank pin hole that started leaking miles from home!
As a kid many, many years ago, and before knowing of JB Weld product, my father stop a gas leak from the fuel tank by putting breaking off a piece of hand soap and applying to the leak, and the leak stop for several days.