dash lights

wes1124

when i turn on my headlights my digital dash goes so dim you can hardly see it. the dimmer doesnt affect it any. also the lights in my digital climate control do not work. any suggestions??

Check your fuses, and it is also possible that you have a bad dimmer. It is most likely a grounding issue though. Pick up a Haynes service manual for your Buick from an auto parts store so you have wiring diagrams to use (if they don't come in handy now they will eventually). Here is something I had copied and pasted into a Word document on my computer for my own reference:

If you are getting a dim light in the dash, usually it is a ground. The ground that is common with the lights and antenna is G104. This is located to the right of the column under the dash. BUT, check G177,in the trunk, G102, G103, these are under the hood near each headlamp.G129, this is in the trunk also.G104 and G220 are for the antenna. G104 is on the RH lower Kick panel area.

In a way it doesn't make sense because it states that G104 is "located to the right of the column under the dash" and then at the end it says G104 "is on the RH lower Kick panel area" so you may have to check both places.