dash lights staying on

RUBRMAN

EVADANG
1st let me tell you that I finally got the motor back in the car. It's been a long time since I got the money to build it and put it back in. I got everything in and together. The problem I have is the lights on the dash stay on after I turn the key back to off position. Not all of them but the low fuel light, volts, and the first bar on the stock tach. If you disconnect the neg on the battery, then connect it, its ok. If you turn the key forward they come on, then you turn the key back and they still stay on. If I disconect the plug from the back of the alternator the volt gauge goes out. I don't know if some ground wires are crossed or there's power going to the dash lights only after you turn the key forward then back! I also noticed that when I turn the right turn signal on, the inside both left and right signals flash. I turn it to the left and it just flashes the left. the turn signals work on the outside of the car like there supposed to. I wont be able to get your respones if any, please help, till monday. I will definetly post after any advice!! please help thanks.

ps. I did add a MSD system but I bought the buick adapter, so it was just plug and play.

Check the actual ignition switch down lower on the steering column. It could be sticking on you.

thats actually the 1st place I looked, and found nothing. I also checked the starter and alternator wires. thanks for the reply, but i'm off to work. If anybody has any other ideas that would be great.

thanks