Dash and Door speakers, 8 ohm in parallel how would it sound?

litz

I was thinking of putting 3 1/2 inch mids in the dash, along with 5 1/4 mids in the lower doors with 1 inch Tweeters in the top of the door near the power window switch, if they are all 8 ohms and wired in parallel so they would act as fornt left and rights then have 6X9 2 ways in the back dash and 2 12 inch subs in the trunk, would it sound good? Wonder if I have enough highs coming from just one set of Tweeters in the doors to go along with the 2 sets of mids, 5 1/4 and 3 1/2.

I would be running it all from a 5 channel amp, 75 watts to each speaker.

Effectively the 8 ohm speakers would look like 4 ohms to the amp and I would still have front to rear fader control, only the mids and tweeters would act as one set of fronts to the rear 6X9's. Any advice is appreciated.

Why double up?
I'd run a 3 1/2 coax in the dash, 5 1/4 in the door and be done with it.
I used to run the tweeter in the dash and 5 1/4 in the door and that sounded good...I now run something completely different.
personally, I wouldn't run 2 mids (on each side)

I was plannin on having just mids in the dash and door with a seperate speaker tweeter in the upper door. so I would have one tweeter and 2 mids, 3 1/2 and a 5 1/4. Was kinda hopping to have a fuller sound with this set up, especially when cruising the freeway with the T-tops off.

That will actually make it sound thinner. You'll have a WHOLE bunch of mid (3 1/2 screamin' in the dash) and not enough midbass.

just my .02

I was not sure how it would sound so I am looking for input, thanks.

so you thinkg putting the tweeter in the dash, and 5 1/4 in the door is the way to go? should I go with 3 1/2 Tweeter in the dash as opposed to the 1 incher I was going to use in the door? Or should I just put a 5 1/4 2 way in the door and forget the dash?

so you thinkg putting the tweeter in the dash, and 5 1/4 in the door is the way to go? should I go with 3 1/2 Tweeter in the dash
ewww, that is like so 80's man. Seriously, don't so that. That was the way things were done back then. But now we know that it is not good to have the highs and mids seperated so far and at different angles. I would get a good pair of 3 1/2's for mids and highs and then supplement the loss of mid bass with a good pair of 5 /14's in the doors.

Essentially, that accomplishes the same thing with OVERKILL in the midrange area. 51/4s for midbass? come on...

I deduced from his post that he didn't want to go high tech.
We all know the best arrangement is kick mounting the speakers or running some type of wave guide w/midbass. Problem is, not everyone wants or can afford this direction.

He HAS the tweeters now. I temporarily did the 51/4 in the door -tweeter in the dash thing...did it sound "correct"? No...did it give me some good cruising noise? YEP.

Just trying to simplify things.
Want high tech? let me introduce you to Veritas.....

5 1/4's reproducing sound at your feet and tweeters off the windshield do not sound even close to full range sound eminating from one focal point.

I don't think putting 3 1/2's in the dash supplemented with 5 1/4's is high tech by any means. But it does keep the highs and lows together and still give some presence of bass in front. And it can be a very economical and unobtrusive solution to a problem which really has no single clear cut solution.

I am hoping bass is not an issue since I will have 2 12" subs in the trunk, I just want to be able to "Hear" the music while driving with the T-Tops off on the freeway, and of course hear a clean sounding system when cruising a low speed roof of or high speed roof on.

I guess I am asking for a lot.