Dark Garnet Red Metallic 86 T-type

86 TR

Work In Progress
Here's a couple of pics I took of my buddy's 86 T-Type. Its been several years in the making. Its almost done. Just a few pieces in the interior and adjust the windows and it should be ready for its maiden voyage after several years of being in the shop.

The pics don't do this car justice. It is simply amazing. He shaved off the hood ornament, and deleted all of the T-type and intercooled badging. It looks great like this.

I just wish my car looked this good.

001-13.jpg

002-11-1.jpg

003-9.jpg

004-6.jpg

Thats my favorite color to. I wish I would have took pics of my car before teardown. Mine is the same color with tan leather. Looks good

just like mine

I gotta post some pics. Very nice! You don't see many in this color.

A little update to this thread. Finally got it on the road today! Took a little longer than anticipated lol.

Took it out for about 40 miles for a shakedown cruise. Hasnt been on the road in 12 years.

After fighting a fuel pressure issue, I found out the piece of rubber hose between the fuel pump and the sending unit had completely rotted off. It wouldn't hold fuel pressure at all (I wonder why). Plus the sending unit had some corrosion on the contacts causing some erratic readings on the fuel gauge.

The drivers side door needs to be readjusted and the window, pop the door panels on and have some fun with it again. Just a few little odds and ends to get it completely finished.

Was really awesome to hear this thing run and drive down the road under its own power. Gives me some incentive to get mine back out and start working on it again.

More pics to come after a good cleaning and coat of wax.

did u repaint? looks good ever consider putting an 87 grill i think they look more clean. but everybody has their style either way nice car any engine pics?

did u repaint? looks good ever consider putting an 87 grill i think they look more clean. but everybody has their style either way nice car any engine pics?
I did not do the repaint. His son in law did it for him. Laser straight and just beautiful paint. It was completely dissasembled and taken down to bare metal.

Dont have any engine pics yet. Need to do some cleaning first. Then some will get posted.

Gives me the itch to start the body on my car now. Mine has been sitting for about 2 years.