DAD is totally Against Grand Nationals

depends on what year GN you;'re looking for, not all GNs have turbo v6s, and not all GNS are black...most are though, a Turbo Regal is more common; a real GN or well done GN clone isn't common....however, depending on your area, I'd spring for a v6 camaro and tell him its a v8, after all, the 1993-2001(2?) F bodies' engines seem to be placed so far under the firewall that you can only see the front 6 cylinders of the v8....have him look at those F bodies and see if he thinks its simpler than the GN's relatively generous engine bay...if you want super generous, a 2nd or 3rd gen 6 cylinder F body will do the trick lol; but again, anything at least 10 years old may be subject to alot more abuse than they appear to...I personally think maintenance wise, the G-body regals would be easier to work on in the engine bay, compared to the 4th gen F-bird....but the 3rd gen F-bodies would be even easier to work on, if its a v6. if its a v8 welp. its pretty crammed in there lol. actually; if hes doing the paying and housing and everyting down to the parts....get something with a warranty, or something like that. i;m not sure what cars after 2001 are RWD, american made, and cheap. hm....mustang seems to be the only one, tho they;re also prone to thefts and vandalisms and are cop magnets as well..bloody hell the F bodies are cop magnets too. if you must have a buck v6 equipped car; look to the FWD (I KNOW, ITS A SIN LOL) cars made within the last 5-10 years. parts aplenty for Series 2 engines, lots of tuners for it due to the L67 popularity, and hey, its a buick design! heck, find the 2001-2002 L36 F body and use it until you think you can swing the turbocharging it like some of the members here!

Both great cars, totally different animals. How old are you, silly question I know? Personally I have no desire to buy a Trans/am, I will be buying a GN though. Not because I'm a big turbo 6 guy, basically because it's all about what YOU like. Example... mycurrent vehicles are 95 Lightning, 90 5.0 Coupe, and 01 Viper GTS, no turbo 6 there... YET :D