cutting header flange

oddiesGN

Has anyone cut the flange between the #3 and #5 header tubes? Reason I ask is because there is a guy locally has one and I guess had a company fix the header crack (leaks) and they cut the flange, but for what he told me the cut isn't all the way through not sure since I have only seen pictures of it. I was going to go buy it tomorrow as long as the flange bolts to the head flush and there is no leaks. Is this a good thing or bad.

Thanks, Otes

Has anyone cut the flange between the #3 and #5 header tubes? Reason I ask is because there is a guy locally has one and I guess had a company fix the header crack (leaks) and they cut the flange, but for what he told me the cut isn't all the way through not sure since I have only seen pictures of it. I was going to go buy it tomorrow as long as the flange bolts to the head flush and there is no leaks. Is this a good thing or bad.

Thanks, Otes

Yes, mine are all cut (through) as so:

P0001830.jpg

I cut mine too. The flange was warped pretty bad, and after cutting bolted right up with no leaks. Most of the time I would have just milled the flange flat but it was beyond milling. No harm to be done. I would suggest using a straight edge to see how bad it is or was warped.