Cutlass Wiring

87bigcut

I am putting a GN motor in an 87 cutlass and am having some difficulties figuring out the wiring. I am looking at pinouts for both bulkheads and am throughly confused. Some wires dont exist on the cutlass like power to fuel pump/injectors (C6 on GN harness). So the wire will come in from the harness to the bulkhead and then where does it go from there??

Also, Are GN and Cutlass Fuseblocks the same? If not am I screwed into buying a GN harness and fuseblock?

Thanks,
Joe

I have mine running with the Cutlass fuse block and the help of some of S10xGN's help as well as one of the guys on here who put one in a Monte SS. The Cutlass harness is still diferent from the Monte so I had to make other changes too. Basically you change out the pinouts on the dash side of the fuse block, leaving the firewall side alone. Then you have to add power for items such as the fuel injectors, etc.

I know something is not correct with mine as my power seat now sometimes blows it's fuse/breaker and I have to reset but all else seems to be fine.

I will be changing to a GN dash harness this week as I did find one a while back for a good deal.
After reading alot about how others did it and problems they encountered, getting the dash harness may be the best way to go.

I think the main thing I will have to change will be the wiring to the gauges, which doesn't bother me because I will be changing them all out soon enough anyway.

hey s10 i have a 82 cutlass i wanted to put a gn motor into what do i have to do with wiring

I avoided the painful "merging" of two different wiring harnesses by putting the entire GN wiring into my Malibu. Made it simple and you can also go by the factory service manuals if something should go wrong. Hope you get it worked out!

I did the same for my 82 Regal waGoN. I used the dash/dash harness, and the wiring going to the taillights/fuel pump. It saved alot of headaches.