custom after market turbo and complete intercooler set up for 84/85 hot air cars

tbfan

I have one of only two kits ever made by Innovative Turbo Systems.According to Innovative,they only made two kits for a T.V.show. It was installed by the previous owner of the car and he paid well over 2500.00 for it. This is a direct bolt on with precise fit.The kit includes a custom turbo which is freshened with 0 miles with all new seals and bearings.According to Innovative,its more like a ta-49 on an 86/87 setup except this is for an 84/85. The kit also comes with a custom intercooler,all the piping and all the hoses and clamps.The reason it has such a nice custom fit is that;Innovative installed this setup on the car are their facility and since it was for a T.V. show they didn't spare any exspense.I did take pictures while it was in the car so you can see how well it fits. The car went 12.70's@109 with 21/lbs boost with crappy 60' time.The car had a lot more left in it.Now,I am in the process of building a stage motor for my car and I need funds for the project.I wont to get 1400.00 for the complete setup plus shipping.Thanks Ray

intercooler

Ray,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have the show recorded on tape and the two cars they built were a miserable representation of Turbo Buick performance :frown: . One car was broken after its first 14 sec pass and the other car completed two runs in the 14 sec range. They never approached the 12 sec range. Also, the intercoolers they installed on the cars sure looked alot like the spearco units that were available for the hot air cars (nice looking set-up). If you would like, I believe I can get you a phone number to order a copy of the show from the network on which it aired.
BW Jones

$1400 for a turbo upgrade and front mount kit for an 84-85 car is pretty fair condsidering what your getting, reguardless of who manufactured it (meaning spearco directly or Innovative, since most aftermarket companies who sell intercoolers get the cores from spearco anyway)

I saw that episode as well, and while I'm not going to dispute who manufactured the intercooler kits, I will point out that both "teams" building the two GNs, and the hosts all had their heads up their asses. The one car that did go 14s could have probably gone much quicker if the driver would have built up boost off the footbrake. This was their first times even driving the cars at all, and they just stabbed the gas off idle... On another episode of the same show, they took two LT1 cars and went 15s with blowers on slicks... LAME :eek:

I never seen the footage.When I bought the car it ran like crap.I never claimed it ran that on the show.Please read my thread one more time before you run your trap.I bought the car tuned and added parts.My combo was as follows poston headers,50lb inj.,ad. fuel reg.,walbro 340 fuel pump,full race trans art carr 9" 3200 stall,trans. plus,87 comp. 87 coil pack.THANK YOU FOR HAVING NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN BUTCHER UP MY THREAD. I have friends here on the board that witness my run. Thanks Ray

no harm intended

Ray,
Sorry for your perceived misunderstanding of what I posted. I simply stated that THEY (not you) never approached the 12 sec range. As well, I noted that the intercooler was a nice looking set-up that looked similar to the Spearco units and then offered to supply you the info for obtaining a tape of the show. I know, if I owned the car, I'd be glad to have someone tell me how I could get a copy of the TV show it was on. I guess I'm a little surprised :confused: at your comments, as no harm or ill will was intended. The items you are offering for sale will surely provide a substantial performance increase to any hot-air turbo regal. Any buyer will be glad to purchase this set-up as the availability of hot-air performance parts is not nearly as plentiful as the intercooled performance items. Lastly, no one is questioning your posted quarter mile time (which is very respectable and clearly shows your ability to extract greater performance from the vehicle). I wish you well with the sale of these items. :)
BW Jones