Curious

Saladin45

There is a darkside
I was just wondering what people think about this. Curious if it's a stupid idea or not.

I've got 2 cars. The Regal and a my 96 Chevy Cavalier beater. It's just broken 100,000 miles and I bought it like 4-5 months ago. Anyway, the current hub caps on it are crap. Cracked, etc. Anyway, while driving home today I noticed a bunch of other Cavaliers of similar era driving around with really nice rims on. Some looked like they were just Pep boys brand stuff but really gave the car a nicer look.

I was thinking about doing the same to my Cav. What do you guys think? Stupid investment or no? And no, I'm not talking about spending $400-500 on rims. I'm talking at best $200. And I don't even want to spend that much. I just want something to replace the cracking hub caps on there right now. Appreciate opinions.

-Saladin

There's nothing wrong with taking pride of your possesion no matter the condition is. Did you ever consider buying used hubcaps? You might find some decent ones in a junkyard or used hubcap shop.

Look in your local Craig's list. There must be several cars that rims for the Cav fit. Just need to be patient and look around.

I was just wondering what people think about this. Curious if it's a stupid idea or not.

I've got 2 cars. The Regal and a my 96 Chevy Cavalier beater. It's just broken 100,000 miles and I bought it like 4-5 months ago. Anyway, the current hub caps on it are crap. Cracked, etc. Anyway, while driving home today I noticed a bunch of other Cavaliers of similar era driving around with really nice rims on. Some looked like they were just Pep boys brand stuff but really gave the car a nicer look.

I was thinking about doing the same to my Cav. What do you guys think? Stupid investment or no? And no, I'm not talking about spending $400-500 on rims. I'm talking at best $200. And I don't even want to spend that much. I just want something to replace the cracking hub caps on there right now. Appreciate opinions.

-Saladin

You still live at home right? :eek:

Aren't them Cav's 5lug? If they are, they're like Everything else. Try some nice used aluminum's from a local junkyard! Anything FWD from GM or Mopar will bolt right up. Or you could always go ghetto and put some rwd rims on it! You could probly have a nice set of 17's with tires at less than $400.