CT Dragway

I signed the petition. I forwarded it to a few frineds too. I would love to see this track open!

The former dragway has been the site of upscale condos for the past ten years, ain't gonna happen buds...

I don't think they are trying to re-open the same site. From what I hear(don't know if it's true) is that Mohegan Sun is trying to open one. I doubt they'd want it in Colchester anyway. I've been trying to did up some info on the whole project, but haven't come up with anything concrete. I'll let you guys know if I find anything.

Outlook: Not so good...........

I emailed Mohegan Sun's PR department asking about the dragway. Here is what they had to say:

We have no information confirming that rumor. We have been asked several times
over the past few months and the answer has always been the same.
Thank you, Audrey

Who the F starts these rumors anyway? That sucks. You know it's not looking too good if the people that are supposedly behind the project don't know about it. Well thanks to the Jackass that started the rumor and got our hopes up.

And they wonder why street racing is so popular!! Then again it's always the "not in my backyard" problem that will stop/close a track in a flash........kinda hard to believe with all the land open to development in eastern and western Connecticut that no one can find a suitable location.........but then again, is anyone really looking???? I don't think so................. To bad.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I wonder if someone is confusing the Mohegans with the Mashantucket Pequots. I heard that the Mohegans were pursuing this a while back, and later heard that it was the Mashantuckets. Who the hell knows who's behind it.
I signed it anyway.

Speaking of rumors....I always heard that the strip was still there and that Consumer Reports did some vehicle testing there....again, who the hell knows. Damn rumors :mad:

Steve

I heard all the rumors and that it was now a housing development. :confused:

Wish someone from Colchester would give us the real scoop...

Newbie!!

Hey All,

I'm beyond excited to hear about the possibility a drag race facility in CT. I've got an '86 GN that I used to run in E-Town when I lived 20 minutes from the track. It's pretty much stock with a few tweaks here and there. This summer I dismounted the slicks and put new rubber all the way around along with a set of Billsteins. She rides like new and still tosses passengers into the rear seat. :cool:

Anyhow, it's a pleasure to be a member. Like most GNs, my bumper fillers are starting to crack. I bought a set of aftermarket fillers off the internet but can't seem to find a good body shop that is willing to install them for me. Any advice?

Hey All,

I'm beyond excited to hear about the possibility a drag race facility in CT. I've got an '86 GN that I used to run in E-Town when I lived 20 minutes from the track. It's pretty much stock with a few tweaks here and there. This summer I dismounted the slicks and put new rubber all the way around along with a set of Billsteins. She rides like new and still tosses passengers into the rear seat. :cool:

Anyhow, it's a pleasure to be a member. Like most GNs, my bumper fillers are starting to crack. I bought a set of aftermarket fillers off the internet but can't seem to find a good body shop that is willing to install them for me. Any advice?

I work in Enfield and have seen a few GNs driving around, perhaps yours. Welcome to the board.

PS - This is a very old thread and there's pretty much no chance of a drag strip coming back to CT anytime soon.

Hey Ben,

Unfortunately I noticed the age of the thread after my post. Man, I had my hopes all pumped up. Guess I'll have to make the treck out to Lebanon Valley NY next spring.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm in Enfield and I've only had her out once or twice this year. I've owned the car since 1990. It's pretty much stock under the hood with minor tweaks here and there. The most unique upgrade is a GNX style instrument panel (with all VDO guages) which I installed about 5 years ago. With this crisp fall air, she'll definately be out of the garage much more often in the next few weeks. Maybe we'll cross paths.

Regards,

Bo B.

I actually live in Colchester not too far away from where the dragway used to be. I think it is a real shame that no where in CT there is a Dragway.... aside that that the dragway was technically located in east haddam, ct. i doubt that they will build another in colchester or east haddam. But they should build one somewhere else in CT at least.. i've seen many pics of the strip and all that.... i agree with one of the posts earlier in this thread about consumer reports possibly letting the track be used at certain times during the year on a sunday i think that other post had said.

PS - This is a very old thread and there's pretty much no chance of a drag strip coming back to CT anytime soon.

Your right Ben. As soon as anyone in a 100 mile radious hears of a 'race track' opening up in 'there hood' they get a million sig's against it as it will cause there precious home value to drop 99%!! At least that's what you hear happening every time there's a plan to open one up. These are the same idiots that BUY a home that's near a track, and then try to get that same track closed due to all the 'noise'. Just the world we live in today......:frown:

Ken B.