Cruise Control

edmonds27

Ok I installed a new cruise servo today. And all the vacum lines are on and sealed. But the car wants to surge and fall on it's face right around 40+, my speedo isn't the most accurate it real jumpy it wiggles from like 30 to 60 and says I'm going 80 when really I'm going 55. If his could be the problem, how can I fix it?

The cruise control is using pulses from the speedometer head, so what it is reading the cruise is trying to use as well. Try pulling the inner flexible speedometer cable out of the case and greasing it. Check for kinks and replace if there is a kink. Being flexible if there is a spot in the rotation that offers friction it will hold back while the cable twists like a spring inside then releases with higher speed for just a moment. That is why speedometers when cold and driving slow jump a bit.

Ok I installed a new cruise servo today. And all the vacum lines are on and sealed. But the car wants to surge and fall on it's face right around 40+, my speedo isn't the most accurate it real jumpy it wiggles from like 30 to 60 and says I'm going 80 when really I'm going 55. If his could be the problem, how can I fix it?

Speedo accuracy is a vital peice of info used for fueling in TT chips, unless you ordered specifically with notes on accuracy.
These speedometers are not real smooth like the newer cars, especially if a "std. grease" is used.

Besides the jumpy speedo . . .
If the car is going 80 and the speedo is reading 55, the fueling and timing will be VERY different.
The fueling in constant lean cruise at 55mph is simply insufficient to support the resistance at 80mph.