Cruise control out of order

GregorE

Hi everybody!
From one day to another my cruise control doesn’t work anymore.
It used to work correctly till today.
I already checked the following things:
1. Cruise fuse 5A is fine.
2. multifunctional switch seems fine too, when ignition is on and I switch to ON I can hear a click from the unit in the engine bay.
3. switches under the dash haven’t been worked on, they are both released when the brake pedal is depressed.

What else and where should I check in addition? What are the most common reasons the cruise control stops working?

Thank you!

Greg

Forgot to mention that the green CRUISE indicator doesn’t work anymore too!

I’d also like to ask whether the green signal CRUISE should light up already when the knob on the lever is in ON or only if the system really works.

I checked both switches down at the brake pedal today, both work as they should, at least as far as the electrical side is concerned. (I could not check the opening/closing of the vacuum line.)

Has anyone experienced problems with the small black box that controls the CC?
And what about the sensor for the speed signal? If that’s bad … ?!

Thank you

The green dash Cruise light only stays on when its ON and working. Try rotating the push button on the end of the stalk as its pushed in all the way.

I know I'm stating the obvious, You stated both pedal switches are released when the pedal is pressed but are both switched compressed when the pedal is released ?

I know I'm stating the obvious, You stated both pedal switches are released when the pedal is pressed but are both switched compressed when the pedal is released ?
Yes, this all works fine. 12 V on both CC-contacts when the pedal is released, only on one side when the pedal is pressed.

On the stack, ON-OFF obviously works.
SET doesn’t work and R/A doesn’t work either.
Should R/A work WITHOUT having SET a cruise speed before? (I would guess that acceleration – in contrast to resume – doesn’t need a speed set before or does it?)

I’ll buy another stack and go on testing.

New stack installed … didn’t change a thing.
What can I do next?
Has anyone ever changed the speed sensor that’s either behind the dash or on the transmission (?)?

Thank you!

vss speed can be verified with a scanmaster but usually will set a code 24 (SES lamp) for no signal
did you check the vacuum source to the servo (split loose hoses , bad hvac check valve , broken hvac vac line , or defect release switch at pedal)

Okay, I’ll test the vss.
HVAC (electronic touch control) works perfectly, so those valves and lines should be okay.
I have vacuum on both lines to/from the servo.
Switches have been tested but I’ll double check them.

Hi folks!
Got the cc working again. It was the servo that didn’t work anymore. Someone working on the car before broke the smaller one of the two vaccuum connections and then fixed it with some sort of glue. Didn’t last.
Another servo from eBay fixed it … and I’m cruising again! 😀