Crossfire amps...any good?

I have a friend who had one in his truck and he swears by them but thats certainly not their flagship model. like any brand there are good and bad ones. that ones a little older tho

If you need stereo stuff let me know what you want. I can get whatever you need:biggrin::biggrin:

Clipping at hi levels as stated before. I'm digging the new Fokal set up I just had put in, clear and precise at all levels very deep bass that hits and then is gone just as fast. Really nice stuff.

If you need stereo stuff let me know what you want. I can get whatever you need:biggrin::biggrin:

LOL Shane you sound like a drug dealer.

Really I'm after getting a little bit of low end bass in the Regal.

In fact what I want to do is drop the bass from the head unit from +1 to like -3....so the Polk DB 3.5's in the dash (they do have bass blockers on them) and the Polk DB 6X9's in the rear will play nothing but mids and highs....and use a sub/amp in the trunk to do the bass.

Since I outgrew my bassheadedness years ago :D I'm going to just go for one sub...either a 10 or a 12...and a small amp to drive it....probably just use a 2 channel amp that does 200 watts when bridged into a 4 ohm load. Just something that will sound good inside the car...could give 2 cents less if anyone else hears it.

I'm a JL audio sub fan. Amps I've always liked MTX. But I've wondered about a JL audio amp.

u should really look at Clif Design products. very cheap and some of the best sounding speakers and cleaning amps I have ever heard. I swear by Clif and Focal for the money but have had and really like JL as well.

dont know much about Clif's subs but I did have a small JL W7 8in sub in my car years ago cause I didnt care for crazy bass just tight bass and it only weight 17 or 18 lbs. I would never need anything more then a W7 8 even in a TR and it can easily be powered by a JL 500/1 where a W7 10 really needs a 1000/1 but its overkill 4 me.

I always liked the JL line to but there is soooo much other great stuff out now and u can score some really nice cheap equipment today for next to nothing used.

If you like JL and on a tight budget check out their TMA ( Total Mobile Audio) line. A local car audio company had a package special with 2 10's and an amp for under $200. I built the box per specs for about $40 and my son now has his bass "kick". I was really impressed . I had the Crossfire vr4000 amp on 4 15" Kicker L7. Never had a problem. Massive SPL.

Just installed one 12" woofer and (2) 3 1/2 and (2) 6x9's today. So far I like but going from just two front speakers anything might sound good.:p

The amp is a QuantumAudio, I dont know who makes them and dont really care, it sounds good enough on the Kicker Sub..

LOL Shane you sound like a drug dealer.

Really I'm after getting a little bit of low end bass in the Regal.

In fact what I want to do is drop the bass from the head unit from +1 to like -3....so the Polk DB 3.5's in the dash (they do have bass blockers on them) and the Polk DB 6X9's in the rear will play nothing but mids and highs....and use a sub/amp in the trunk to do the bass.

Since I outgrew my bassheadedness years ago :D I'm going to just go for one sub...either a 10 or a 12...and a small amp to drive it....probably just use a 2 channel amp that does 200 watts when bridged into a 4 ohm load. Just something that will sound good inside the car...could give 2 cents less if anyone else hears it.

I'm a JL audio sub fan. Amps I've always liked MTX. But I've wondered about a JL audio amp.

JL is top of the line without question... That is what I use in serious builds... I still have a little basshead left in me;)

If you aren't on a tight budget get a JL amp and a JL sub enclosed from the factory. You can't beat the sound...

If you want to get good sound for a decent price the new kicker stuff is good. MTX is always good, the higher in models anyway...

I am a car audio dealer too, you still get what you pay for most of the time...

Hey Shane (or anyone else) what's the difference on the JL Audio 250/1 and the 250/1 V2?

Also between a JL Audio amp and one of the old school MTX 2300's which would you say is the better amp?