Cross threaded GN1s

Heath

Elroyjr
I cross threaded #4 spark plug hole on my dad's brand new GN1s:frown: Any good pointers on how to fix:confused: Without pulling the head?

SNAPON (bluepoint) makes a thread chaser that inserts into spark plug hole expands and then chases the threads from the bottom out using the good threads at the bottom as the guide

had to do one for a buddy's car a few weeks back on champ alums. his was #2 that got boogered

SNAPON (bluepoint) makes a thread chaser that inserts into spark plug hole expands and then chases the threads from the bottom out using the good threads at the bottom as the guide

had to do one for a buddy's car a few weeks back on champ alums. his was #2 that got boogered

Yep... and make sure to grease it up real good to catch any shavings....

try to bring that cylinder to top dead center that way you have a better chance of getting the shavings that didnt come back out and put grease on the chaser and when you are through try to suck out any shavings that maybe in the chamber with a hd shop vac. also if it is not a big deal to do for you i woud take off turbo and block oil feed line and start car to blow any shavings that you may have not gotten you dont want this going into turbo blades.

i woud take off turbo and block oil feed line and start car to blow any shavings that you may have not gotten you dont want this going into turbo blades.

absolute waste of time
no need to worry about the exhaust wheel,