Craven wins, what a finish

jmidolo

Sexy MF Joe
For anyone that saw it...man, what a finish. Nice to see a New England boy win :) My man Gordon looked like he was the car to beat then faded quickly. If not him, then it's nice to see Ricky win. That's about as close as a finsish that I've seen ever.

Joe

That was amazing!

My blood was pumping with 15 laps to go, and then to have a finish like that!!! I may have had an accident! ;)

Thanks JOE!!!

Some of us less fortunate have a week delay before we can see the race... now you gave it away... ARGH!!!

Don't mind the thread, but PLEASE don't mention the winner in the subject. :)

Can't wait to see it.

HAHA, last wk. I was super tired. Popped in a tape w/60 laps left, my man Gordon was lookin good.

Call my neighbor a few hrs later before I watched it..his wife's like..HAHA we saw your man go down! I hate it when the ending gets ruined! :)

Joe

Craven was definitely going for it, you could tell by the way he drove into the other guys car coming off the corner...:rolleyes: too bad he can't control his own crap to win w/o crashing into the other guy and using 8 tires instead of 4. The other guy seemed to take it ok and even mentioned about it might have looked like he turned into Craven but when you see the slomo he didn't turn into Craven until Craven crashed into him and he lost it because of no power steering...I guess rubbin is racin :)

Heck of a finish but I don't think I would've been so happy to get 2nd, guess u had to be there...

yea, but when you are racing for the checkered flag, that's racing...no one is gonna give an inch, and that's what happens. That's why Kurt Busch wasn't pissed off...he woulda done the same...plus he had no powersteering and couldnt' drive his car all that well. On top of that, both cars brushed each other and the wall on the 2nd from last lap, which definately thru out the handling on the car, it's a wonder they both made it to the finish line and not in a turn!

Thats got to be the best finish ever in a winston cup race, kind of makes up for that fiasco in Daytona.

Last I heard was that it was .002 seconds seperating them.

Was a real NASCAR finish, IMB.

Originally posted by bruce
Last I heard was that it was .002 seconds seperating them.

Was a real NASCAR finish, IMB.

Yep, I heard the same, I'm glad that Busch didn't get up there and pull a "He hit me that's why I lost" attitude. He handled it well, the way it should be cause he knew... :)

Finally an exciting ending to a NASCAR race. Too far and few between lately. That was a great finish, nice to see some banging and bumping without someone being called to the big red trailer.:D

That had to be the best finish to a Cup race I've ever seen.It reminded me of the old days when the philosophy "Rubbing Is Racing".I don't really have a favorite driver anymore so I enjoy it when somebody that doesn't win too often wins a race.There is a new parts store opening in April thats about 5 miles from my house and Ricky is going to be there for the grand opening.

Very good race, it had everything. And Darlington isnt typically my favorite track, but that was great. Bush did take it very well coming in second yet again, even claiming it could have been his fault (wasnt) and should be commended for that attitude. Craven just punched it and said whatever happens, happens...that close to the line any of us would have done the same. It was just a great race, with many potential winners including bush, gordon, the new guy, martin and others. After about mid way you could just tell it was gonna be a great race.