Cranks...No Start..After Inj.Chng

gnbrian

This will probably be something extremely stupid or easy. Changed out injectors from 009 to Blue Tops. Also changed coil pack with new at same time due to high resistance on old one. Reaasembled all, tried to start car to get out of garage to be able to open door to change chip. Cranks would not start. Changed chip, no start. Replaced inj module with new, no start. put old mod and coil pack in place, no start. Changed ECM,no start. What is next. Been away from this stuff for awhile, going through the relearning curve again. Thanks, Brian

check injector fuse in fuse box, see if blown. If not start with the basics. Check to make sure all grounds are installed and good. check to see if there is fire or injector pulse. Check fuel pressure at the rail and of course my all time 4 hour replace everything else before you check? Make sure it has gas in it. This should get you started.

Fuses are good, have fuel pressure and pump cycles. Have injector pulsing(checked with light)

If you have FP, compression (Cause it ran before), injector pulse ....... Only 2 things left ...... Spark and timing.

Dribble enough gas into the motor to foul the plugs?.

If you have a noid light blinking that means, you have at least ignition pulses reaching the ecm. Which means the ecm is trying to fire the injectors, and there are signals going to the ignition module. Fuses and fusible links.. But, you did those, are the plugs *wet*.

gnbrian said:
My scanner says " No communication from the ALDL also

Reseat the chip, after looking to make sure all the pins are right.
No communication, is not a good thing.

No ALDL, can mean the ecm is using the RFD, redundant fuel devise, and that'll foul the plugs quickly. Using the RFD is truely being in Limp Home Mode. LMM is when the processor is dead or not working and the ecm is just running in analog mode, without using any sensors.

Okay, reinstalled OO9 injectors and changed chip. Guess what, it starts,but no ALDL communication(no scanmaster info either) Old Blue Tops must be stuck. But why no ALDL info?

did you check the injector harness connector that is under the coil pack? thinking you unplugged whole thing doing swap.

gnbrian said:
Yes, had even swapped it with another, and had no luck
Check the chip again. If a pin from the chip is not seated (bend) the car will start but you won't get ALDL. Don't ask me how I know this :tongue: . Also, make sure the connectors are ok at the ECM.

Ok, got things running. Those Blue Tops that I had sitting around for 3 years must have been plugged up not letting fule through. Reinstalled 009's and everything runs. Still had no ALDL data , BUT, found the power wire for scanmaster had become disconnected. The wire to the ALDL was still connected. Reconnected 12v and everything works now. Scanmaster and scan tool. What did the no power situation have to do with it??