Crank Trigger

michaelo

I am trying to build a TBI set up for my Buick 225 oddfire. I was hoping someone here could be able to help me. I am needing a crank trigger to run off the balancer in order to get a good signal for the computer. I have seen other people use the MSD 8630 but I am having no luck finding this. I am told I need one from a 231 evenfire. I can't use the signal from the dist. because the oddfire signal confuses the computer so was hoping that using a crank trigger would give a more usable signal for the computer. So is there any other options for crank triggers other than the MSD 8630 that isn't made anymore?

Honestly........ no.

I have heard of some people trying crazy things like gluing pins to there balancer and using a sensor to pick those signals up, but usually the pulse width is way excessive. Your best bet would be to look into what Odd fire engine out there use one........ or machine your own.

A.j.

I am trying to build a TBI set up for my Buick 225 oddfire. I was hoping someone here could be able to help me. I am needing a crank trigger to run off the balancer in order to get a good signal for the computer. I have seen other people use the MSD 8630 but I am having no luck finding this. I am told I need one from a 231 evenfire. I can't use the signal from the dist. because the oddfire signal confuses the computer so was hoping that using a crank trigger would give a more usable signal for the computer. So is there any other options for crank triggers other than the MSD 8630 that isn't made anymore?

Some of the nascar engines were odd fire so there are some out there. If you just convert to HEI you should be able to use an accell DFI unit. Pricy but they do work.