couple problems now that car is running

soundguy

Well I finally got the car together and running after a 2 month project replacing HG's and some parts upgrades and clean up, new vacuum lines etc. Now thou it seems I have a few problems thou.

First is when the car is first started it sounds fine, however after it warms up you get a loud whine and if you put your ear to the doghouse, you can tell its coming from inside the engine. I did recently think it may be air passing past the throttle plate, its a new 70mm throttle body and plenum with plate from RJC racing and I noticed it has a small gap between plate and TB when fully closed.

Second is there seems to be steam coming from the tail pipes, not alot but doesn't seem to be smokish, disapears almost immediately and is intermittant, small puffs every few seconds or so.

Third is it starts out running fine, but if you floor it and build up boost, the service engine light comes on. Doesn't seem to effect how the car runs thou, but DS is on backorder and be a few days yet before it gets here so can't check the error codes yet. Light clears if you turn off and restart thou.

Any insight is much appreciated. I read on another post about head bolts leaking, and I did use thread sealer on every one and some silicone on the bolt shafts too to do as much as I could to eliminate any leaks that may happen.

If you know how to jump the B & A terminals on the ALDL port (see gnttype.org site-search engine codes) you can read the codes that way...