Couple of wheel choices for my 84 t-type opinions needed pls

Rovinfool

In short, I have about $500 to spend on the wheels. So my choices are limited to that price range. Second my car is white and I don't like like chrome much. So I want at least the center portion of wheel to be black. I also like deep set wheels. I have found a couple of wheels well within that price range and like the first one (Viper 900) in particular but, wanted some opinions as its actually a wheel designed for offroad style vehicle. But, it pretty much has everything I am looking for and is in price range. I just don't know if it would always be in my head that it was designed for a different style of vehicle and just keep it more classic or to the era if you know what I mean.

Viper 900
wheels1.jpg

here is another option both alot cheeper 79.99 a wheel or $381.00 set w/free shipping I like second
wheel2.jpg

wheel25.jpg

beadlock wheels around 410-450 set after shipping
wheels4.jpg

lastly the cragers $425-550 set after shipping might can get for less, but that is probably the most they would cost me.
a little too much chrome but would look nice i think might be a few $ over budget but barely
wheel5.jpg

wheel6.gif

Well hope I get some opinions or if you have any ideas feel free to send me a msg or post them here with a link or name/style

My choice from these would have to be the last ones.

The first three look like Truck wheels!

The bead locks on all for corners may look weird but they would be different!

The Keystone Classic's, Well just too "Old Hat" for me personally!

Why not keep that price range and look for a better "Used" set of wheels?

SW.

i'd go for the bead locks, but without the bead locks.in other words, a set of stock car wheels from Aero or Bassett. light (for steel), cheap, durable.

I'm not joking here. I think it would be cool to use some steel D-Hole black Nascar type wheels and get some vinyl cut to replicate an 80's era Cup or Bush series car. Of course you would have lovers and haters but I still think it would be cool. You have a white car so it's kind of a clean canvas to start with.

i just got some d window cragars for my T Type. Its a gray car with black rims looks awesome. 15x8 up front and 15x10 in the rear. Really helped out on the look of the car.

I noticed all the offroad style wheels shown are 6 lug pattern... are you sure they offer a GM lug pattern for those wheels?

I'm not joking here. I think it would be cool to use some steel D-Hole black Nascar type wheels and get some vinyl cut to replicate an 80's era Cup or Bush series car. Of course you would have lovers and haters but I still think it would be cool. You have a white car so it's kind of a clean canvas to start with.

the Harry Gant Skoal Bandit Regal was one of the coolest looking race cars of the 80's.

8.jpg

Save more and give yourself more options! If you dont like them, your money is spent and it may be hard to sell.

the Harry Gant Skoal Bandit Regal was one of the coolest looking race cars of the 80's.

8.jpg

Gotta agree with you Derrik. Now here's a question for ya.:biggrin: How many were produced as street cars? I've seen one of them and they do exist.:eek:

The chrome second to last are kestone remakes, those wheels came out in the 70's I think. My opinion it's tacky to put rims on a car that came out before the car. they all look heavy. last is best

Gotta agree with you Derrik. Now here's a question for ya.:biggrin: How many were produced as street cars? I've seen one of them and they do exist.:eek:

i don't know, limited edition street replicas of race cars aren't something that i really follow.. but isn't it cool to see a pic of a NASCAR race car that has a stock chrome bumper on it (complete with rub strip) and what looks like a stock header panel? stock cars from that period are all the evidence you need that stock car steelies are the way to go on a street car..

IMHO... i would either save and buy something you 'really' want or.... professionally refinish your stockers, with black centers, painted/polished fins and clear-coat them.... i am not a fan of any of those wheels:cool:....but thats just my opinion....

aaron

i don't know, limited edition street replicas of race cars aren't something that i really follow.. but isn't it cool to see a pic of a NASCAR race car that has a stock chrome bumper on it (complete with rub strip) and what looks like a stock header panel? stock cars from that period are all the evidence you need that stock car steelies are the way to go on a street car..

It was a trick question Derrik.:biggrin: Buick never made any, but the reps for skoal were given them by the tobacco company after they had them made.:cool: I still remember when Nascar was about acrual cars that were modified from actual street cars.

It was a trick question Derrik.:biggrin: Buick never made any, but the reps for skoal were given them by the tobacco company after they had them made.:cool: I still remember when Nascar was about acrual cars that were modified from actual street cars.

actually, the only thing "stock" about any of the NASCAR racers after about 1970 is some of the sheetmetal that was hung on the tube chassis.

i couldnt do the nascar stuff or wheel lol not that big of fan lol
KGrHqIOKkQE1p5zCmWBNhc-f5cv0_12.jpg

found these doesn't look bad

Yea i wouldnt look twice at truck wheels..wheels are one of the best and worst things you can do to your car... i spent $1030 bucks on mine for 17s after shoppin around jegs had the best price..15s were a lil less id save a few more bucks and a lot of options will open to you take ur time a find some sweet ones...