couple of questions

pisano

i got translater and 3 inch maf sensor, does it fit the stock intake tube? what do i have to do to make it fit? the car is at the body shop right now so i cant test it myself.

when people say my fuel pressure is 41 line off for example, what do they mean? 41 fuel pressure with vacuum line disconnected? is it supposed to stay disconnected when you drive? or do you set it then connect it?

and do they make down pipes for our cars? where would i get one? what do i need and what do i need to look for when getting one

pisano said:
i got translater and 3 inch maf sensor, does it fit the stock intake tube? what do i have to do to make it fit? the car is at the body shop right now so i cant test it myself.

when people say my fuel pressure is 41 line off for example, what do they mean? 41 fuel pressure with vacuum line disconnected? is it supposed to stay disconnected when you drive? or do you set it then connect it?

The fuel pressure setting, yes u adjust it with the vacuum line of then put it back on once it's replaced. If u use a 3" mass air sensor you would be ok bu I don't think that it will work on the original piping because if I'm not mistaken factory mass air sensor is longer & if you're replacing with ls1 sensor it is 3.5" & would not go on.

and do they make down pipes for our cars? where would i get one? what do i need and what do i need to look for when getting one

I used a chunk of steel pipe and a plumbers clamp from Home Depot in order to get the shorter 3 inch LT1 MAF to fit. Just make sure there are no leaks. The only downpipe is the Gbodyparts 3 inch. Brad
IMG_0531.JPG

i was just gonna pipe it like this

throttle body >> L shaped pipe >> maf >> then just hook my filter to it.

so for adj fuel pressure regulater i just hook it up, see where the car runs best with fuel pressure then attach the vacuum line? do i plug the line while im setting the fuel pressure?

reason i want to get better fuel pump and adjustable regulater is because if i give more than like 75% of the pedal i hear a noise like the timing is too fast(click click click) not a knock noise but a click and i figured maybe im not getting enough gas?

thanks for the picture they are worth a thousand words,

also, i still could never get my idle to be smooth like it was before i rebuilt the block, i cant find another leak anywhere, if the translater does not get it to idle smooth could it be i need hotwire/f.p/adj reg.

i know if it idled good before it should idle good now but i read that when you have tt chip you need static low 40's psi

and i used to have a stock chip before rebuilt but then computer took a crap on me