Couple AK Questions...

S10xGN

RETIRED!
Got my Zastava O-PAP a few days ago and have a few Q's:

• Are the barrels all threaded LH or did I get ringer?
  • Are there any LH threaded flash suppressors or muzzle brakes?
  • What is the wire rope (cable) wrapped around the inside of the receiver?
Note: Not my pic or gun, just something off Google:

jrxlxk.jpg

Looks like a standard Ak with a pressed and pinned barrel Russ. Take the hardware of the the front and take a pic of where the barrel goes in the front of the receiver.

14x1 LH thread is the standard for AK47's. 74's run 24mm x 1.5. There are plenty of brakes. For more traditional, check out k-var.com. For a lot more selection try cncwarrior.com they have a bunch. The wire you see in the receiver is the trigger/hammer spring.

Looks like a standard Ak with a pressed and pinned barrel Russ. Take the hardware of the the front and take a pic of where the barrel goes in the front of the receiver.

The question was answered right after your post, thanks though...

14x1 LH thread is the standard for AK47's. 74's run 24mm x 1.5. There are plenty of brakes. For more traditional, check out k-var.com. For a lot more selection try cncwarrior.com they have a bunch. The wire you see in the receiver is the trigger/hammer spring.

Good to know! I can easily remove my slant-cut by hand, but the way it's pin-locked the slant is not level and looks like hell. Never made the connection on the spring, I guess cause it looks like cable!

Thanks!

Russ I dont believe that the slant cut muzzle devices are supposed to be level. I know mine isnt and its factory original straight outta china.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Russ I dont believe that the slant cut muzzle devices are supposed to be level. I know mine isnt and its factory original straight outta china.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hmmm, leave it to the commies to build something off-kilter. I'm into symmetry so, to me, it just looks crappy. There's a gun show at the Port Arthur civic center this Fri & Sat, I may cruise it and see if there's a reasonable option. I'm just getting back into guns and have never been to a show... :meh:

Hmmm, leave it to the commies to build something off-kilter. I'm into symmetry so, to me, it just looks crappy. There's a gun show at the Port Arthur civic center this Fri & Sat, I may cruise it and see if there's a reasonable option. I'm just getting back into guns and have never been to a show... :meh:
The original brake was designed to be clocked to the side for a reason Russ. Under rapid or auto fire the rifle recoils to the left and up. The brake helps keep it in the proper aim of point.;)

The original brake was designed to be clocked to the side for a reason Russ. Under rapid or auto fire the rifle recoils to the left and up. The brake helps keep it in the proper aim of point.;)

Alright. Still looks like :poop: though. Being from TX, what's your take on buying/owning a full-auto "kit" for an AK? Notice I never mentioned installing one. I found one for $30, but have no idea of the legality of buying these little bits of steel nor what's required to actually do so. I'd never consider installing it unless we were to go to "full anarchy" mode someday...

Alright. Still looks like :poop: though. Being from TX, what's your take on buying/owning a full-auto "kit" for an AK? Notice I never mentioned installing one. I found one for $30, but have no idea of the legality of buying these little bits of steel nor what's required to actually do so. I'd never consider installing it unless we were to go to "full anarchy" mode someday...
You can own the kit, or the gun, but not both at the same time. The ATF considers that an attempt to build an auto without proper paperwork and will get you 10 years. Owning any of the specific auto parts as well as the weapon is a violation. Kinda stupid, huh.:banghead:

You can own the kit, or the gun, but not both at the same time. The ATF considers that an attempt to build an auto without proper paperwork and will get you 10 years. Owning any of the specific auto parts as well as the weapon is a violation. Kinda stupid, huh.:banghead:

Yeah well, if it got to the point where I were to actually install said kit, the ATF would be the least of my worries. I can't stop reading about all of the worlds past failed govt's going through their death throes. We are almost there...

Yeah well, if it got to the point where I were to actually install said kit, the ATF would be the least of my worries. I can't stop reading about all of the worlds past failed govt's going through their death throes. We are almost there...
Doesn't mean a trusted friend couldn't have said items if he doesn't own the toy Russ.;)