Could a bad tranny cause knock

I have been getting knock at low boost
15 -18 Lbs. Trans is a 400. After letting out at the track or WOT I get a some what loud moan from some where. this is my first 400, i know there are some big parts in there. May be its normal. I run 85, fuel test at 85 plus, 4.1 stage 2 ,160, duty cycle is around 50% at 18 lbs. All was good then all of the sudden knock started showing up. Feels like something is tight when i get out of it.

Is it normal for a turbo 400 to sound like its tight at the end of a run? I like the idea of this 400, but never had this sound from a 200, now the sound and knock at low boost makes me think its the tranny. Any feed back would be great. Thanks

I have been getting knock at low boost
15 -18 Lbs. Trans is a 400. After letting out at the track or WOT I get a some what loud moan from some where. this is my first 400, i know there are some big parts in there. May be its normal. I run 85, fuel test at 85 plus, 4.1 stage 2 ,160, duty cycle is around 50% at 18 lbs. All was good then all of the sudden knock started showing up. Feels like something is tight when i get out of it.

Are you saying that you run 85 octane only?