cottons 3" dual exhaust

mustangjoed

this exhaust fit perfect, sounds awesome and looks awesome. best fitting exhaust i have ever purchased.

unless you plan on driving your car a lot in the elements or your car sits outside i wouldnt spend the extra $$ if i didnt have to.

unless you plan on driving your car a lot in the elements or your car sits outside i wouldnt spend the extra $$ if i didnt have to.

Cotton does not have a 3" SS exhaust, the guy who bends the SS pipes for him doesn’t have a 3" mandrel bender. That's what I was told anyways.

I just had a 3" DP and dual 2.5" SS exhaust installed by Jack's son Bobo on Saturday, I saw a 3" setup there and wanted it because it looked sick, but because it wasn’t available in SS I got the 2.5". Bobo got some 18" 3.5" polished SS exhaust tips and welded them on from the bend of the tail pipe back, it looks so great :D Can't tell it isn’t 3.5" all the way without getting under the car. They did an incredible job, highly recomend using them if you're looking for some new pipes.

As for SS vs Aluminized, aluminized will rust, SS won't. It will rust regardless of whether it never sees the rain or not, exhausts rust from the inside out due to condensation the builds up inside the pipes regardless of the weather it is driven in. It will however last longer before rusting if it isn't driven in the rain/snow.

cottons 3inch duals

I have heard most of the exhaust systems out there single shot, 2 1/4 duals atr 2 1/2 duals and my own 3inch atr duals. The cottons 3inch duals for the money sound and ease of installation thumbs up on it my buddy has it on his gn and he loves it. The stainless just gives me the thought of never having to replace it but besides that If ATR was out of buisness when i bought my 3inch duals Id buy the cottons.;)

yep ATR isn’t an option anymore. I was leaning towards the 3" dual from cotton, if it was available in SS I would have got it. In talking with Jack's son Bobo, he said the 2.5" SS is his personal favorite, so if someone who knows the stuff as well as he does, and could have any system he liked, likes the 2.5" SS the best, that's good enough for me. You will never out flow a 3" DP with dual 2.5" exhaust pipes, so really the 3" is just a personal esthetic preference, although the 3" is a lot harder to fit, it can be done, but it isn’t as good a fit as the 2.5"<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>