Cost???

map 87 gn

Wondering what the cost would be to build an 1100HP engine. This would include the block, Turbo, Intercooler....everything that goes into the engine so excluding the transmission.
All I need is a ball park figure to give to a buddy in a discussion we are having....which is cheaper to biuld a big block chevy or V-6 turbo Buick for 1100HP. And yes you guessed it... I am Buick & he likes Chevy.

I am a Buick guy also.So I am going to say the big block chevy:biggrin: I would probably say the buick v6 would be over 15,000 depending on reliablity.Build a $8,000 540 inch motor and put a fogger on it. but what fun is that

Wondering what the cost would be to build an 1100HP engine. This would include the block, Turbo, Intercooler....everything that goes into the engine so excluding the transmission.
All I need is a ball park figure to give to a buddy in a discussion we are having....which is cheaper to biuld a big block chevy or V-6 turbo Buick for 1100HP. And yes you guessed it... I am Buick & he likes Chevy.

1100hp buick would be a stage2 and that whole deal would probably be over $20,000 from from what i hear.

take a big cube bigblock and turbo it bigblock wins hands down.parts are cheaper to and would make more power with less boost

i also am a v6 turbo guy.

Overall, in my opinion, for straight line lead sleds, with that much hp, the bbc will be cheaper AND easier to do.
For cars that don't require a trailer, (cars that can be daily driven if desired) the 3.8 turbo motor is a better route in my opinion. Lighter, better on gas, and can still make the required HP. On the streets of most inner cities, the LC2 is the best gig going.